Can't drop bombs in AUTO, why? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 10:54 PM   #1
watermanpc

Default Can't drop bombs in AUTO, why?

Hi all, for some reason, Im experiencing some odd behaviour most of the times when trying to drop bombs (mk82,83...) in auto mode...they simply wont drop ...I dont know what am I doing wrong but hope you can help me.

1-master arm to arm
2- AG master mode
3-select the bombs I want to drop
4-Activate fuze (nose/tail)
5-start wdm7, lock a target in the ground
6-Align with the drop line, 0 pitch
7- wait for the 4 seconds acoustic indication tone and press the drop weapond button in the middle of that tone
8- There is a chance >90% to the bomb to not drop at all

Weird thing is, some times (dont know why), the bombs will eventually drop...I simply go around, start the bomb run again and the bomb will drop...wth???...CCIP works 100% of the time, also guided rockets work 100% of the time.

Here is a track showing what I do and failing to launch one single bomb. Hope you can help me with this.

thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: trk no bombs drop.trk (1.79 MB, 23 views)

Take a look at my MODS here

Last edited by watermanpc; 01-13-2020 at 10:56 PM.
watermanpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #2
watermanpc

No one?

Old 01-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #3
Jonne

Step 7 is too early, drop after the tone and make sure flying rather level.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:24 PM   #4
watermanpc

I think it might be some issue with the target designation with the wdm7...as soon as I have the box over the target (point track) the bombs drop, but if there is no box the bombs wont drop...the problem is that most objects like buildings and such doesnt get boxed even when I designate them as targets correctly and then the bombs wont drop...

I dont think it is a problem with the moment I press the drop button as it is supposed to be pressed during the tone afaik...even the pitch can be about +-2 degrees (at least) of tolerance and they will be dropped no problem (when the target is boxed).

can someone confirm this?

Last edited by watermanpc; 01-15-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:27 PM   #5
LastRifleRound

Are you holding weapon release? The tone is to start holding weapon release. The weapon won't be released for about 4 seconds.

GBU's are immediate release, but dumb bombs are consent to release. Until the box crosses, the FPM, the bombs won't drop.
LastRifleRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:53 PM   #6
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRifleRound View Post
Are you holding weapon release? The tone is to start holding weapon release. The weapon won't be released for about 4 seconds.

GBU's are immediate release, but dumb bombs are consent to release. Until the box crosses, the FPM, the bombs won't drop.
This.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:07 AM   #7
GrEaSeLiTeNiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermanpc View Post
Hi all, for some reason, Im experiencing some odd behaviour most of the times when trying to drop bombs (mk82,83...) in auto mode...they simply wont drop ...I dont know what am I doing wrong but hope you can help me.

1-master arm to arm
2- AG master mode
3-select the bombs I want to drop
4-Activate fuze (nose/tail)
5-start wdm7, lock a target in the ground
6-Align with the drop line, 0 pitch
7- wait for the 4 seconds acoustic indication tone and press the drop weapon button in the middle of that tone
8- There is a chance >90% to the bomb to not drop at all

Weird thing is, some times (dont know why), the bombs will eventually drop...I simply go around, start the bomb run again and the bomb will drop...wth???...CCIP works 100% of the time, also guided rockets work 100% of the time.

Here is a track showing what I do and failing to launch one single bomb. Hope you can help me with this.

thanks!
I recall having the same problem, couldn't figure out why. Haven't tried it again though. (I find it's a little confusing too with the diamond/arrow pointing to the target below the HUD and being in-line with the ASL.)

Last edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN; 01-15-2020 at 03:10 AM.
GrEaSeLiTeNiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:24 PM   #8
watermanpc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRifleRound View Post

Yes, I keep pressing until the little box fully descend below fpm over the asl...no bomb drop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrEaSeLiTeNiN View Post
I recall having the same problem, couldn't figure out why. Haven't tried it again though. (I find it's a little confusing too with the diamond/arrow pointing to the target below the HUD and being in-line with the ASL.)
I think the problem is the lack of a boxed target...but again, this should not happen afaik as soon as I have a target designation on the ground there shouldnt be a need for a point track...maybe it is a bug??

Old 01-15-2020, 12:42 PM   #9
GrEaSeLiTeNiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermanpc View Post
Yes, I keep pressing until the little box fully descend below fpm over the asl...no bomb drop...

I think the problem is the lack of a boxed target...but again, this should not happen afaik as soon as I have a target designation on the ground there shouldnt be a need for a point track...maybe it is a bug??
Won't be surprised if it's a bug. The module still has some fixes to sort out. The AKG for example I suspect is quite buggy in DIR and COO mode. And it does loops in the air if no datalink pod is used.
GrEaSeLiTeNiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:56 PM   #10
AeriaGloria

Pretty sure the AKG behavior is intended and that DL pod is required https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...6&postcount=18.

As for bomb auto drop, double check your WMD-7 is SPI
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote