MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

Silly question, but those of us that bought it in the past will still have it right? We don't need to buy it again?

It was a fantastic app when DCS was still on a single trajectory. Honestly one of the best apps for using the Cougar MFDs. I have two old tablets I've saved for just this purpose and I'm super stoked to finally be able to have almost a full working cockpit. Thanks for all your hard work, Colo!

it is out?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi,

sorry for the delay:

After 2 years break - currently tuning lag on "DCSpanelsPro", will try to release on Google Play for Android devices within week.

Initial release will support A-10C MFCDs and CDU instruments and F-18C Hornet MDI instruments.

Completely reworked routines, much more stable and reliable, with auto discover on LAN (no setup between PC and tablet needed), no starting of server or client needed (you can restart server or client at any time)

Best,

colo

Edited by colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Silly question, but those of us that bought it in the past will still have it right? We don't need to buy it again?

Currently I am not able to distinguish between former customers, Google Play interface is cumbersome. But I will like to make discount for old supporters, but currently I don't know how to implement it.

But I think that 9 Eur / 9 USD isn't too much for A-10C MFCDs, CDU, Harrier MFDs and Hornet MFDs. (as already mentioned first release will support A-10C and Hornet).

Current state:

all new features are implemented:

- much more stable (now it is fully asynchronous)

- it doesn't matter if server or client(tablet) app is started first

- client or server can be restarted at any time

- autodiscover on LAN (you don't need to mess with IP address) the server

and client(s) just connect themselves

- new keyboard routines (sends output just to DCS world and now can use right shift/ctrl/alt combos)

Now I am making new simpler server interface and writing manual to make it more polished.

Best,

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Is it ready for download ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Sounds like this has the potential to export the Hornet AMPCD to my tablet at very little cost . Can't wait ! Would love to have a viewable hsi alone without tying up a DDI , let alone one with a moving map as well .

Today, I have implemented also AMPCD support, so first release will suport:

1. A10C - left,right MFCDs and CDU

2. Harrier left & right MPCDs

3. Hornet left & right MDIs and AMPCD

Still working hard - trying to release before Sunday

Hi,

apllicaton is published - now it is called aInstruments (Android instruments):

1. server part can be downloaded from http://lumatek.sk/aInstruments/aInstruments.zip

2. client part can be purchased from Google Play (please note that it will take some time to be visible in all countries)

for 9 Eur (it can be little higher due VAT in some states) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.lumatek.aInstruments

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:

- due DCS World limitations it is not possible to export instruments graphics directly (like shared memory),

so the instruments must be displayed somewhere on your monitor(s)

- now only 1 client (tablet) is supported (will be changed within few weeks)

- some of the config steps must be done manually

- tested only on Windows 10 en/us (does't mean that it will not run on another versions)

You can find manual here: http://lumatek.sk/aInstruments/aInstruments.pdf

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS EARLY DEVELOPMENT STAGE, SO PLEASE RATE THIS APP HIGH TO PREVENT TROLLS TO GROUND IT ON GOOGLE PLAY.

I will listen for your tips and bugs report and I will try to improve this app as soon as it is possible.

Thank you !

Best,

colo

Edited by colo

May I ask if there are any plans to support:

Viggen (radar display and data panel)?

Ka-50 (Abris and possibly Shkval)?

Huey (center console)?

Mi-8 (doppler nav panels, both pilot and co-pilot ones)?

Gazelle (I don't own it yet, don't know anything specific to which for)?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hi Holton181,

in general, if there is possibility to export instruments screens (but this is module's developer related, for example Harrier screen can be exported, but they works only after user press key which is mapped for instruments export on/off) and assign keymappings to it, then yes, it is possible.

I own Viggen, Ka-50, UH-1 and Mi-8.

I will look if it is possible to export instruments and if it is possible to map keybindings for these instruments.

If yes, there is no problem for me to implement it in aInstruments.

I will let you know.

Best,

colo

I will look if it is possible to export instruments and if it is possible to map keybindings for these instruments.

If yes, there is no problem for me to implement it in aInstruments.

I will let you know.

Excellent!

Thanks!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hi Holton181,

I can implement:

1. Viggen radar screen and data panel

2. Ka-50 Shkval screen and ABRIS instrument

Regarding other modules I must do a deeper research

Which one should I implement first 1 or 2 ? (shoud be done to the end of week)

I would say 1. I fly the Ka-50 mostly in DCS 1.5.7 for several reasons and use UltraMFCD for that, but that doesn't work in DCS 2.X. Recently though I have been focusing on the Viggen in 2.5.3 OB. Also I think there is a little bit more potential customers flying the Viggen at the moment (just a feeling).

Thanks!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hi

version 1.1 is out (may take some hours to be visible on Google Play)

Added support for Ka-50 Shkval and Abris instruments

Added frame graphics for each instrument instead of generic

Added on the fly switching of instruments between aircraft

Added app icon

Recompiled for Android 9 Pie support

Minor fixes

Manual http://lumatek.sk/aInstruments/aInstruments.pdf

Client https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.aInstruments

Server http://lumatek.sk/aInstruments/aInstruments.zip

Best,

colo

Edited by colo

Preview of version 1.2 (not yet released)

Monitor autodetection,

and easy monitor configuration (up to 2 monitors).

Just drag available instruments in GUI and save config.

Best,

colo

Hi,

version 1.2 is out (please note that it can take several hours to update on store):

- added support for older tablets, API 14 (Android 4.0 and higher)

- added GUI monitor drag&drop configuration (up to 2 monitors are supported)

- DCS World beta is also supported ( via manual path settings )

Manual will be updated later, here are some quick tips:

- download server part from http://lumatek.sk/aInstruments/aInstruments.zip

- start tablet app first

- unzip and launch aInstruments.bat for normal mode, or right-click and "Run as administrator" if you want to configure DCS (for instruments export and monitor GUI config)

- if you experience lags, restart tablet app

Hi,

new 1.2 manual is available on http://lumatek.sk/aInstruments/aInstruments.pdf

with autoconfiguration description and FAQ.

Planned improvements of aInstruments (in order):

- support for Viggen radar and navigation panel

- support for more than 1 tablet (up to 3)

- pages with missile real engagement ranges tested from DCS World on tablet (so you can scroll from instruments to this page or you can display it on another tablet)

- pages with startup sequences

- pages with your own kneeboard remarks

Of course all in the same price of aInstruments, no additional charges.

Colo

awesome work!!

just wondering if this will also work despite playing in VR? of course, why do i want ddis exported when i am in vr? because i have to press the mpcd button in real world so it would be cool to see the inputs there as well,instantly enabling me to do successive inputs faster and not to switch looking into the vr goggle and the thrustmaster mpcds.

can i support your work outside playstore as well, paypal/patreon?

BR

Hi FoxDelta,

do you mean to export instruments to be visible in VR googles for example on right side,

so when you turn head around that part of screen with instruments will be still on the same place ?

If you like my work you can send me email to appsupport@lumatek.sk and I will send you my personal PayPal account email to which you can send donation.

Thanx

colo

no, i mean despite using vr goggles can i still export a mpcds picture to an android device. i am asking because most of the time vr breaks the view exports

HI there i cant setup that app when i press instrument placement and monitor configuration extra window appear but its white dont have gui like in your youtube video

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,