Holiday Sale Nightmare

Fang333333

Friendly friends,

I'm posting this not as a complaint, but more as a message in a bottle I am hoping will reach someone helpful.

I am new o DCS, and in the short time I have been around I have amassed quite a few modules. Yesterday I recieved a last minute gift from family to get a few more modules.

Naturally I spent thr ENTIRE day with the Grim Reapers, figuring out what I should do. I already knew I wanted the M2000, MI-8 and a Mig 19. I then decided to get the other Mig as well. As I went to the FINAL purchase screen the prices showed full price! (I was also having issues adding the MI-8 Navigation window, It showed the sale, but when I go to add it to cart I have no "Buy" button).

No problem I thought, I took a screenshot and sent the order to ED and waited with my cart still open.

And waited.

And then just now I got a message from ED saying something along lines of "sorry the sale ends Jan 5 Europe time. Bye" (I forgot to mention the sale "ended" at some weird time like 11:19!!?? my time)

I dont even think anyone looked at my screenshot, and I really cannot believe that ED would toss me aside like that. So I am putting it here, PRAYING someone might actually wish to look into this.

Fang

Sorry that it happened to you, but this happens on every sale:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4150563&postcount=3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

A bit overdramatic to call this a "Holiday Sale Nightmare". The sale was long enough and there are sales every couple weeks / months.

Just enjoy the modules you bought, learn to fly them and grab other modules on the next sale.

Or just buy them full price and get more ED Miles.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

A bit overdramatic to call this a "Holiday Sale Nightmare". The sale was long enough and there are sales every couple weeks / months.

Just enjoy the modules you bought, learn to fly them and grab other modules on the next sale.

Or just buy them full price and get more ED Miles.

I have to agree, especially because of this:

I am new o DCS, and in the short time I have been around I have amassed quite a few modules.

It doesn't sound like you have mastered those modules already and should still be able to get a lot of playtime out of them ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Fang, mind you, the sale DID end on the 5th, so if the shop was still showing a discount yesterday, somewhere, it only means sloppy website maintenance by whoever on ED's part is responsible (not the first, not the last time it happens...). I doubt it can be used as a "defence line" when talking to support.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Folks!

I'm noticing some people are not reading the post correctly. The kind words are very welcomed, but the "Its not a big deal" and "the sale ended" are not. Kinda not your day or money to say that right?

The sale had not ended. It was still Jan 5th.

Everything but the response from ED happened Jan 5th

If ED sees it another way there is nothing I can do obviously.

I have screenshots of this and was pretty specific giving an exact time on my side. I also had no idea when it ended and if I had known it was the last day I would of obviously bought the 3 modules I knew I wanted and already CARTED, in the morning.

Again:

The sale had not ended,

I just trusted ED would fix the order, especially becuase i could not add certain ED module/s (MI-8 nav addon panel) due to a known issue of the "buy"/"add to cart" not being available for the Mi8. I say it is a known becuase I have written to them before about it in the past.

Anyway, to the rest who understand and read the problem, thanks for the kind words. This has been a learning experience, and certainly has changed where my focus of sim investing is going for 2020. I may headout to IL-2 land for awhile, get the bad taste out of my mouth.

As said before, its not a complaint post, but I am a real pilot and a student, time is short, and when I spend a day researching the modules/learning aircraft I didnt ultimately get its a giant waste.

Especially for those of us who stream what we do in DCS online and have a plan to what they purchase.

None the less, to me wasted time and opportunity on a day that was supposed to be "fun" and "relaxing" is a negative experience.

Especially when I had troubles with a known ED store website issue. Not blaming anyone, just stating the real.

Perhaps some may think its dramatic, and rightfully so, but for me wasted time is a nightmare. Some may get it. Some may not.

I've said my peace.

Thank you as always you lovely internet!

Fang

Edited by Fang333333

• ED Team

Hi Fang,

Sorry you had a bad experience with the sale,

Sale times are UTC time zone.

I can see you have a support ticket open, the team will reply soon, please bare in mind it is Xmas day today the 7th of January for the team in Moscow.

Thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Fang, you posted your message on the 7th, stating that you got the gift and tried to buy items "yesterday", which in that case clearly indicates 6th. Hence my comment and I suppose I'm not the only one who understood it that way.

It might be a question of timezones and how the forum interface reports thread starting dates, but still - If you want to be understood better, be more specific in your posts next time.

Your clarification changes the tone of the message and even though sale dates are usually given in UTC, I agree that should be clearly written in every newsletter when sale begins, otherwise it might confuse people who are new around here.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi Fang,

Sorry you had a bad experience with the sale,

Sale times are UTC time zone.

I can see you have a support ticket open, the team will reply soon, please bare in mind it is Xmas day today the 7th of January for the team in Moscow.

Thank you.

Thanks BIGNEWY! I appreciate that. I hope they change their minds and see the issue I had but I am not holding my breath.

I truly love our DCS community and I LOVE the ED modules. I just feel like a kid who was promised icecream all day. I was good all day, and as the day went on I watched that end of day icecream cone get bigger and bigger! They added the Mig Sprinkles and the M2000 chocalate chips! Than right as I took my first bite it got taken away.

Sigh..

Anyway, Happy Holidays to our friends in Russia

Fang

Thanks BIGNEWY! I appreciate that. I hope they change their minds and see the issue I had but I am not holding my breath.

I truly love our DCS community and I LOVE the ED modules. I just feel like a kid who was promised icecream all day. I was good all day, and as the day went on I watched that end of day icecream cone get bigger and bigger! They added the Mig Sprinkles and the M2000 chocalate chips! Than right as I took my first bite it got taken away.

Sigh..

Fang

In all honesty, not trying to sound like a jerk, maybe next time don’t Wait until the last 30 minutes of a sale to purchase. This would have been avoided had you tried to purchase them a day earlier. I know if I procrastinated until literally the last second, I could blame no one but myself. I certainly would not come on a forum and make a post like this blaming ED for my decision to wait to the literal last second.

Sigh..

Fang

Well, that's what happens with ice cream if you wait too long: It melts away ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg