Ailerons extremely draggy - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #21
Istari6

Reputation power: 1
Istari6 is on a distinguished road

Agreed. I tested the MiG-15bis in the latest 2.1.0 Alpha last night, and it flies VERY differently. The problem is definitely fixed there. I can do complete aileron rolls with almost no speed loss. It feels like it should - a rocketship just bursting with power (albeit a glacial roll rate :>).

Hopefully we can get confirmation for the 1.5.7 release on July 7th. I'm looking forward to getting back into Museum Relic (which is dependent on the Caucasus map).
Istari6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #22
56RAF_Talisman

Reputation power: 3
56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istari6 View Post
Agreed. I tested the MiG-15bis in the latest 2.1.0 Alpha last night, and it flies VERY differently. The problem is definitely fixed there. I can do complete aileron rolls with almost no speed loss. It feels like it should - a rocketship just bursting with power (albeit a glacial roll rate :>).

Hopefully we can get confirmation for the 1.5.7 release on July 7th. I'm looking forward to getting back into Museum Relic (which is dependent on the Caucasus map).

Nice to know that the performance is good in version 2.1.0. Thanks for the feedback and good news

Happy landings,

Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'
56RAF_Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #23
lmp
ED Translator

Reputation power: 8
lmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the rough

Seems to be good as well in 1.5.7?
lmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #24
gulredrel

gulredrel is on a distinguished road

Yes, works good in 1.5.7.
Forgot to deploy flaps on landing, only speedbrakes... plane was too fast on approach and floating and floating and floating... Will try with flaps next time. Now MiG-15 will get more airtime again.
gulredrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #25
Dunravin'

Dunravin' is on a distinguished road

Greetings

I'm having lots of stalling issues and loss of control hence why I'm here.

Found the performance stats pdf here - https://belsimtek.com/upload/docs/DC...IMITATIONS.pdf

I quote from page 4 - Minimum airspeed limitations

"Minimum control speed at which the control surfaces retain sufficient
effectiveness is 300 km/h at altitudes above 12000m"

I'm losing control at @400kph at even low to medium alts in dogfights and the AC is too slow to recover in a dive. Hella draggy. I'd like that extra 100 kph margin if possible

Now I remember in beta phase this was a joy to fly, bags of power, now it feels like its too draggy and underpowered.

I understand the beta FM was not accurate but IMO the current iteration does not tally with the documented statistics either and needs bumping up.

I also notice slightly worse performance in 2.1 but I put that down to the QFE of Nevafa being around 900-1000 meters higher above sea level than Caucasus.

I'm learning to let the MiG fly me and I just help it along but still I feel something is a miss here.

I can live stream it if dev's are interested in seeing where it all falls apart in combat.

Many thanks

Intel i7 920 2.67GHz | 6GB | GTX760 2GB | Logitech G940 | TrackIR5 | Voice Attack | Yes - I need Spec Savers |
Dunravin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #26
probad

Reputation power: 8
probad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really nice

there's effective and there's optimal. you should be targeting a speed band more around 600-700kph -- plenty of power and authority at that point.

if you find yourself constantly bleeding down to 400, you're overpulling.

Last edited by probad; 10-14-2017 at 04:53 PM.
probad is offline   Reply With Quote