Mig-21 Ext sounds - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #71
simapajik

I noticed in LN "Bug tracker" many fixes bug. It is well. It has been Said That the next updating it comes as a new real external sound. It's the plan?
Old 10-08-2017, 11:56 PM   #72
Burning Bridges

I have not posted anything new for a long time, but just got back into the sim and made another version of my sound mod for our favorite jet.

The sdefs in the old version were useless and I will completely start on new sdefs from scratch. The samples themselves remain exactly the same, and I must say as I now have new more expensive headphones, they are pretty good. The afterburner feels way better and louder and the rest is the cleanest version I could come up with so far.

It has practically everything I wanted: spool whine - but not too much, wind sound like i would expect in a jet airplane and not a hairdrier, a good feeling of the engine spooling up, a roaring afterburner, powerful flyby boom, and so far I've noticed no loops or bangs.

Only spatial sound is unchanged because I suck at sdef editing and could use some help here.

download version 5.1A

Due to the restrictions this will always be a work in progress but it has reached a point now where I can actually enjoy flying this bird and stop tinkering.

Please let me know what you think, if you notice problems and wether I should think about a release version and put it in the user files.
Burning Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:16 AM   #73
javelina1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bridges View Post
I have not posted anything new for a long time, but just got back into the sim and made another version of my sound mod for our favorite jet.

The sdefs in the old version were useless and I will completely start on new sdefs from scratch. The samples themselves remain exactly the same, and I must say as I now have new more expensive headphones, they are pretty good. The afterburner feels way better and louder and the rest is the cleanest version I could come up with so far.

It has practically everything I wanted: spool whine - but not too much, wind sound like i would expect in a jet airplane and not a hairdrier, a good feeling of the engine spooling up, a roaring afterburner, powerful flyby boom, and so far I've noticed no loops or bangs.

Only spatial sound is unchanged because I suck at sdef editing and could use some help here.

download version 5.1A

Due to the restrictions this will always be a work in progress but it has reached a point now where I can actually enjoy flying this bird and stop tinkering.

Please let me know what you think, if you notice problems and wether I should think about a release version and put it in the user files.
thanks buddy, appreciate your efforts. The MiG-21 needs some love!

I'll check it out!

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #74
Burning Bridges

I keep improving this during my own flying. From the last version I did not find much I want to change, except the front engine sound which was still "funny". I tried around and found that until a better sample is found, there is nothing wrong with the default sound, so this version is the last one but with the default front sound (Su25FrontEngine)

Personally I like this better because it is unobtrusive from the front and blends in with the other sounds. But a new sample could of course be discovered that is more spectacular.

download version 5.2B
Old 10-11-2017, 07:33 AM   #75
Redglyph

Thanks a lot! I'll try that soon
Old 10-11-2017, 06:24 PM   #76
Burning Bridges

Here is another daily build, and it shows some real improvement. I balanced the loudness from all angles and found a Mig frontengine sound in the DCS folder that sounds right.

download: Mig21 Sound 5.2E
Old 10-12-2017, 12:02 AM   #77
javelina1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bridges View Post
Here is another daily build, and it shows some real improvement. I balanced the loudness from all angles and found a Mig frontengine sound in the DCS folder that sounds right.

download: Mig21 Sound 5.2E
thanks! will check this out.

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:17 AM   #78
Burning Bridges

I would be interested to hear if you like it and also if not. And then why not.

The last versions have been more evolutionary than revolutionary as I am mostly happy with it. Especially the afterburner is now powerful as it should be.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #79
JABO2009

are the mod sound you're talking about here (Sound 5.2E) , fully MP compatible (integrity check) and stable ?
If so, very interesting.

Win 7 - 64 Pro
Mad Catz Saitek Cyborg V.1
/ Track IR5

Running DCS 2.5 on dedicated Sandisk 240GB SSD
Modules: FC3/CA/Gazelle/P51/F5
JABO2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #80
Burning Bridges

You could try it and let me know, because tbh I don't have a clue what you are asking