Future of the DCS P-51D - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #111
Magic Zach

Reputation power: 1
Magic Zach will become famous soon enoughMagic Zach will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter52 View Post
Any idea on when ED will make good on this promise?
2 weeks!
Old 10-08-2017, 07:14 PM   #112
Buzzles

Reputation power: 14
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Quote:
I'd guess it'd be after they finish the KS mandated aircraft (P47 and Me262).

If it comes before then, it's a bonus.

Last edited by Buzzles; 10-09-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:50 PM   #113
brianjmac

Reputation power: 3
brianjmac has a spectacular aura aboutbrianjmac has a spectacular aura aboutbrianjmac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I created this thread in December of last year and I am discouraged that we still have not heard from ED about the P-51 and still lack updated information on other WWII aircraft development or the general plan and future of WWII in DCS. I was originally going to purchase the Normandy map but I chose not to due to the lack of information and general concerns/questions that we all have. There was a time when VEAO was developing the P-40 with a long list of other WWII aircraft and Leatherneck(now split) was developing the F4U. The P-40 is on hold and there is a lot of uncertainty with VEAO as a developer and their future plans and I have no idea what happened with the F4U. As of now, the future plans for the P-51 are still as much of a mystery as everything else.
OS: Windows 10 64-bit | CPU: Intel i5-7600K @4.6GHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming 11GB | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3200MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB and 250GB | MoBo: ASUS Prime Z270-A | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1 | Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Monitor: Dell 27" 2560x1440p 144Hz GSYNC | Saitek X-55 HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Headset
brianjmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:46 AM   #114
Magic Zach

Magic Zach will become famous soon enoughMagic Zach will become famous soon enough

Agreed. As much as VEAO had a bad rep, when they left DCS (or for future projects anyways), they also left DCS WWII hanging in the air. Not all of the warbirds should come from ED.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:35 AM   #115
msalama

Reputation power: 31
msalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to all

This project seems to suffer from a lack of cohesion, but at least part of that stems from the original planeset which wasn't drawn up by ED. But then, we wouldn't have _anything_ had they not picked up the ball, so I don't know... maybe better just wait patiently as always?

Last edited by msalama; 10-09-2017 at 08:38 AM.
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:39 AM   #116
eelcoool

eelcoool is on a distinguished road

I really want to make a warbird, but i have no 3d modeling skills so there is nothing to work with
eelcoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #117
Axelerator

Reputation power: 6
Axelerator has a spectacular aura aboutAxelerator has a spectacular aura aboutAxelerator has a spectacular aura aboutAxelerator has a spectacular aura aboutAxelerator has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
As much as VEAO had a bad rep, when they left DCS (or for future projects anyways), they also left DCS WWII hanging in the air.
Which was actually some pretty good news to be honest. I would rather want someone else to take care of it than VEAO...
Axelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #118
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 87
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

There was a European Theatre variant said to be in the works/planned wasnt there?

in the 72' Thread
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #119
brianjmac

Reputation power: 3
brianjmac has a spectacular aura aboutbrianjmac has a spectacular aura aboutbrianjmac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
There was a European Theatre variant said to be in the works/planned wasnt there?

in the 72' Thread
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...01&postcount=4

There is this post from Racoon back in August of last year. I haven't heard anything official or unofficial since. Now that the Spitfire is out, hopefully they have been working on it.
OS: Windows 10 64-bit | CPU: Intel i5-7600K @4.6GHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming 11GB | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3200MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB and 250GB | MoBo: ASUS Prime Z270-A | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1 | Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Monitor: Dell 27" 2560x1440p 144Hz GSYNC | Saitek X-55 HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Headset
brianjmac is offline   Reply With Quote