Wings breaking off flying through wake

Zomba

Is the bug where the wings rip off when it flies through wake ever going to get fixed? I was watching a dogfight tournament yesterday and saw a few Mirages lose from an offensive position because their wings came off. I remember this bug from ages ago and incorrectly assumed it would have been fixed way back then.

Edited by Zomba

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Is the bug where the wings rip off when it flies through wake ever going to get fixed? I was watching a dogfight tournament yesterday and saw a few Mirages lose from an offensive position because their wings came off. I remember this bug from ages ago and incorrectly assumed it would have been fixed way back then.

I saw it on F-16 too. These wake turbulence can cause up to 25G, which is totally ridiculous. That's on ED, and the best is to disable it for now. It's doing more bad than good.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I’ve disabled it until resolved after having the wings ripped off my Harrier

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Read post #2 and watch post #4.

It isn't on Razbam. M-2000C and F-16 airframes break at X G force as needed.

Currently wake turbulence generate a ridiculous amount of G force and slaughter FPS if numerous aircrafts are in flight.

We are better without it.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Read post #2 and watch post #4.

It isn't on Razbam. M-2000C and F-16 airframes break at X G force as needed.

Currently wake turbulence generate a ridiculous amount of G force and slaughter FPS if numerous aircrafts are in flight.

We are better without it.

Oh I agree, I dont control the servers I fly on however so that decision isnt up to me. Just curious if Razbam have said anything to confirm its a known problem and if theres anything they can do on their end. Sounds to me like EF is just tossing blame because they have too many other issues to deal with. I've always thought the wake turb seemed way too strong and unpredictable. Sometimes coming in to aar its barely noticable and other times I've had it completely flip my plane over. No way that happens in real life. Theres also a mission for the f16 where you cold start on the ground and everytime I've tried it with wakes turned on the F15's taking off in front of me blow my plane over before I can even finish startup. Its broken.

And again

If it's gonna happen all the time in guns range and ED is gonna just kick the can then I think I'd rather have Razbam just unrealistically crank up the structural G limit on the mirage and harrier than continue to deal with it. As I said last time, if it was just me offline then I'd just turn it off but I don't control the servers I fly on.

Edited by Talonx1

There's nothing Razbam can do about this. Instead of asking for Razbam to ruin their module, send these videos to the admins hosting the servers you're flying on. They are the people you need to convince to remove the wake option on their machine.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

There's nothing Razbam can do about this. Instead of asking for Razbam to ruin their module, send these videos to the admins hosting the servers you're flying on. They are the people you need to convince to remove the wake option on their machine.

Have obviously brought it up but its still on devs to actually fix things. The proper solution isnt for people to turn off broken features its for devs to fix whats broken. As for razbams responsibility I dont think it should be on them at all. Its happening on ED's own F16 which flies in the face of the statement they made about it being because of how 3rd party devs design their aircraft. But if ED are just gonna sit on their thumbs and not fix it then maybe other devs can make adjustments to their modules to make them functional with the current state of the hosts software. And I hardly think increasing G loading tolerances so that planes dont fall apart in the sim qualifies as"ruining" their modules.

• 1 month later...