Helicopter EFM Demo

what is the goal you want to achieve? If you want the AH-6 DCS model look like your OH-6 you need to look into the livery maps, and somehow make them look like you want. It is a tedious work and the FSX maps will not fit nibbylots AH-6 maps. but it is doable, needs some time, and a liitle bit of digital "painting" skills. i recommend using Photoshop, but other paint programs will do. I discovered some issues with the interior mapping with the AH-6 model by nibbylot, when doing the Island Hopper livery, see somewhere above.

Doing more than thev isuals is quite a bit of work. Probably a new 3D model, all the animations, a new cockpit if it is different from the AH-6. That would be modeling, painting, and lua scripting. New functions would go into the flight model programming itself.

If the flight model needs adaptation, it might be not that difficult, but needs a lot of back and forth testing.

Hope this helps...

What is the difference between the AH-6 and the OH-6?

Edited by rato65

On 2021/2/18 at AM6点35分, rato65 said:

我要再次向nibbylot表示深深的感谢,他给了我们这份神奇的直升机EFM演示完整模板。

我对DCS如此丰富的质量和真实性没有足够的经验,我对EFM,luas和一些3D建模进行了探索,我为找到可行的方法而感到非常兴奋。它花费了很多时间,但是却很有趣。所以-我发现自己现在正在设计一款可飞行的MH-60 Jayhawk ....我花了最初的几十个小时来完善已购买的基本模型,使用新的材料和几何形状,使EFM从笔尖粗略地适应于某种程度上更重的飞机-几乎每天晚上在内华达州进行试飞和调试-哇,真是太好了!从我的想象中可以感觉到某种程度的现实,尽管事实并非如此-我无法告诉。当然与AH-6有所不同,它较重但不如Huey摇晃,但与Ka-50距离较远,

不能保证任何事情,但是如果我有时间跟上这个步伐,并深入了解FM物理和+-现实驾驶舱,我会分享。

现在,我喜欢一架可飞行的MH-60,它在没有超出正常飞行极限的压力下表现也不差。

尽管还有很多工作要做...

干杯!

Screen_210217_231008.png

背面为DCS-Stock UH-60a,提供新的MH-60提离装置。

首先降落在后轮上,但沙发没有悬架。

Screen_210217_231437.png

holy s......   thank you bro!!!!!!!   flying any variety of blackhawk is always my dream in DCS.

If there is a real flyable blackhawk, therefor apache,hind,huey...... they just need to stay in their hanger.

Hoping you can release her soon!!!!!

The dream of sky

On 4/1/2021 at 12:36 PM, rato65 said:

what is the goal you want to achieve? If you want the AH-6 DCS model look like your OH-6 you need to look into the livery maps, and somehow make them look like you want. It is a tedious work and the FSX maps will not fit nibbylots AH-6 maps. but it is doable, needs some time, and a liitle bit of digital "painting" skills. i recommend using Photoshop, but other paint programs will do. I discovered some issues with the interior mapping with the AH-6 model by nibbylot, when doing the Island Hopper livery, see somewhere above.

Doing more than thev isuals is quite a bit of work. Probably a new 3D model, all the animations, a new cockpit if it is different from the AH-6. That would be modeling, painting, and lua scripting. New functions would go into the flight model programming itself.

If the flight model needs adaptation, it might be not that difficult, but needs a lot of back and forth testing.

Hope this helps...

What is the difference between the AH-6 and the OH-6?

well, quite a bit. The AH-6 has more HP, avionics, 5 blades, different tail fins and on and on. I'd just like to use the OH-6 textures and do another scout mission in my old warhorse like I did 50 years ago. It's ok if I use the power,avionics, etc from the AH-6 mod that I have. I'm trying to change the textures in the AH-6 file and have it show in DCS as an OH-6.  

Hope that makes sense

Edited by fang16

Ok fang, maybe what you really want is to make a livery request, there are many on the forums here who are anywhere from quite skilled, to supremely artistic/tallented to do this kind of thing!

The dark green with sharks teeth looks sharp on the LOACH !!  I was SOOO happy to see them have some good scenes in Apocalypse Now with that nimble lookin' bird, the first and every time I've seen that movie! (pretty sure it's more like a 500D in the movie though, I think it had a T-tail and high skids that the OH-6's didn't have).

(And no, I don't think that movie is representative of the real world events, as I understand it they took an older piece of litterature that had nothing to do with that SEA conflict, and sorta shoe-horned the pure fictional story into a real world location.)

Question though for you, since you were there: armament for the OH-6's... I've seen some with a single GE Minigun on one side, and have no idea if it was purely fixed hard to the airframe, or if it was able to be "aimed" in vertical depression angle, or if it was able to be "aimed" straight forward, down a bit, and a little side to side with an Emerson gunsight operated from the copilot seat (say similar to the fancier Huey Gunships setups), or if it was bolted hard to point one single direction and you just flew it to aim point like a WW2 warbird?  Also, I wonder how the weight of that ammo belts must have affected the agility of such a light heli? Did some pilots prefer the gatling, or maybe prefer to have a door gunner with an M-60 for some reason?

The mini gun was hard mounted and actually rarely used as the door gunner did most of the shooting. We carried around 3000 rounds for the m60 and about 4000 for the mini gun. We also made our own bombs. Usually 6 lbs of C4 taped around a concussion grenade. We carried around 20-30 of those. 

We'd fire anywhere between 3-12000 rounds a day through our M60's.  (firing bolts were near and dear and hard to get). We fired a lot of rounds because we were looking for a gun fight. Shoot a lot, blow bunkers, hoochs etc looking for the bad guys. Flew two Oh-6 aircraft per mission, a lead and wing man with command & control Huey and two Cobras. Took 4 Loaches to the field everyday. Didn't always return with that many.

We flew low and slow and one of my favorite things was to try and shoot coconuts that were still hanging on the tree. Got quite good at it. A lot  of practice. lol

Our platoon leader mounted two 2.75" rockets on the skid struts once but it didn't work to good. We were to close to impact point. lol

Even with all the weight we carried that little Loach just buzzed along.

As an aside, when I flew B and C gunships on my first tour we normally put a spot on the wind shield with a marker and used it for a site for gun or rockets, respective of which seat you were in. Hard to use the mini gun site when in a gun run and bouncing up and down from a 1:1 lateral vibration. lol

Edited by fang16
  • Like 5

Ah cool... it's always interesting to hear opinions of people who were actually there, it's funy sometimes how it can paint a much different picture from what some "wriitten history" might depict! Been on the other side of that myself, where what I saw and the opinions I got from it all, created a much different picture than most of the world's perception of those events... partly because the 'reporters' reporting on those events didn't leave their hotels much, they didn't see what I saw.

Fang, Thank you for sharing!

15 hours ago, fang16 said:

well, quite a bit. The AH-6 has more HP, avionics, 6 blades, different tail fins and on and on. I'd just like to use the OH-6 textures and do another scout mission in my old warhorse like I did 50 years ago. It's ok if I use the power,avionics, etc from the AH-6 mod that I have. I'm trying to change the textures in the AH-6 file and have it show in DCS as an OH-6.  

Hope that makes sense

You might want to have a look at these liveries if you havent already:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314815/

• Like 1

Hay thanks for this mod!  It's fun to just be able to get into a heli and go blow stuff up without needing 100 hours of seat time just to know how to fly it.  It would be awesome to have a finished version, but I understand that takes time.  Great job and thanks again!

AH-6J how to choose for another country?  

can't choose except USA :(((

himself found 🙂  

AH-6.lua

add

Цитата

Countries             = {"USA","USSR"},

it's work now

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

On 4/2/2021 at 2:19 PM, Eight Ball said:

You might want to have a look at these liveries if you havent already:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314815/

Thanks for the info. Followed your link and downloaded and installed. Not quite the same as an OH-6 (AH-6 is better) but having fun! Found an old OH-6 for the old DCS 1.5 which won't load into DCS 2.5.6 but been trying to figure out how to make it work. 

OH-6A.rar

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, simpilothr said:

Does anyone know if there is a discord group for this mod?

This MOD is just template, if you read along , they said they stopped working on, thank to them they provide community a solid to Helo FM.

and will never be a full MOD., perhaps Other Developers can work on.

OUT.

• Like 2

MOD Logo - 100.png

On 5/1/2021 at 6:07 AM, freebirddz said:

This MOD is just template, if you read along , they said they stopped working on, thank to them they provide community a solid to Helo FM.

and will never be a full MOD., perhaps Other Developers can work on.

OUT.

That being said, it's a lot of fun and challenging, with few bugs. Think about it, an entire combat flight simulator system with a helicopter model completely FREE!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, F1000Starfire said:

That being said, it's a lot of fun and challenging, with few bugs. Think about it, an entire combat flight simulator system with a helicopter model completely FREE!

Yeah, fun yes ! combat ... lot to say for free MOD, specially guided weapons without it, you just in FS or old combat way 😄

Have fun

• Like 1

MOD Logo - 100.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, fang16 said:

I have a OH-6 Loach for FXS that I'm trying to convert to DCS using AH-6J_V0.4 and could use some help. I have converted the BPM files in the OH-6 to DDS but now I'm lost at what to do next. Not sure how big a job this will be but would love some help. I realize the flight characteristics are different but that doesn't matter to much at this point.

You see, I have many hours in this bird. I was the platoon Sargent for the Outcast scout platoon for C trp (air) 16th cav in Vietnam for over a year and would really love to fly this aircraft in DCS.

The folders I'm using are to big to unload with this message but I can email them or share them on my google drive site.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Festus ( My C trp call sign)

As displayed at the U.S. Army Aviation Museum at Ft. Rucker Ala.

340.jpg

Came across pic  of me taking off at Ca Mau VN. It shows the mini-gun, pilot, gunner (me) and the wooden box we carried our bombs in. 6 lbs of c4 taped to a concussion grenade.

17340missclawd (Copy) (Copy).jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2021 at 8:54 PM, Rick50 said:

Cool pic!  Bet that bring back a few memories!

It's odd, but when I see pics of my army time, it looks older than my memory tries to lie to me!

Did you use a bungee and a soup can?

We free handed them but used a soup can. On my 1st tour flying gunships I got two new M60's and they would jam after only a few rounds. I got two cans of good old c ration spaghetti and poked some small holes in the ends and mounted them on the belt feed and always layed the guns down on the ejection side so the spaghetti would lube the gun. They worked find after a day or two. lol

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...