JSOW coordinates keep getting overwritten in PP mode - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 09:15 AM   #11
GrEaSeLiTeNiN

It's Aug 2020 and it looks like the JSOW/JDAM multiple deployment is still confusing and always changing?
GrEaSeLiTeNiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #12
5ephir0th

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerquagmire View Post
I still want to know how to do it in PP mode though so i don't have to carry the targeting pod. I'm using the adapter to attach two missiles on a single station on each wing. I know I need to incorporate pp2 in there somehow but as I said, it switches back to pp1 when I try to step to add the fourth coordinate to pp2. Of course I switch it back to pp2 to add that last set of coordinates but once again, when I hit the weapon release, all 4 missiles split to two targets.
Can someone walk me through the sequence to have the missiles track to four different targets?
I appreciate the help guys. It's not an easy thing to load up 4 coordinates in the UFC over and over to figure this out through trial and error lol.
Prior to launch the second bomb of every station you select PP2?

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Flaming Cliff 3 | P51D Mustang | A10C Warthog | F/A18C Hornet | F14B Tomcat | F16C Viper | SuperCarrier
5ephir0th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #13
Frederf
Veteran

I looked and one thing that may be confusing is that each station remembers its PP/TOO and TOO1/TOO2 preference independently. Another issue is if a target is designated and a weapon selection change is made, the current target will overwrite the stored target data. It is necessary to undesignate before changing to a prepared weapon or that weapon's target data will be overwritten. For demonstration I launched four JSOW at waypoints 1, 2, 3, 4 respectively. Procedure from air start is below:

A/G
STORES>JSC
MODE PP>MODE TOO
STEP
MODE PP>MODE TOO
Both stations have been prepared as TOO mission

JSOW DISPLY
MSN
WYPT 1 select
WPDSG
Undesignate (optional)
STEP
WYPT 2 select
WPDSG
Undesignate
Waypoint 1 has been assigned to STA3/TOO1 and 2 assigned to STA7/TOO1

STEP
TOO2
Waypoint 3 select
WPDSG
Undesignate
STEP
TOO2
Waypoint 4 select
WPDSG
Undesignate
Waypoint 3 has been assigned to STA3/TOO2 and 4 assigned to STA7/TOO2

TOO1
STEP
TOO1
Stations 7 and 3 have been changed back to TOO1 in preparation for launch. It is possible to verify coordinates for all four missions by stepping between stations and alternating TOO1/TOO2 selection.

With STA3/TOO1 selected prepare for launch
Weapons release
Weapons release
STEP (optional)
TOO2
Weapons release
TOO2
Weapons release

One major issue is that WPDSG being on will continuously overwrite TOO target location to currently selected weapon. AG radar, TGP, etc. having a track count as having a designated target. So in order to deliver JSOW to a prepared location it's imperative that there be no active designated target (i.e. undesignate on the stick has been pressed).

Four JSOW targeted by the TGP should be possible but it is important never to select a previously prepared weapon while a target designation is active or the prepared location will be overwritten. If the station/TOO combination is selected in a "horseshoe" shape, i.e. STA3/TOO1, STA3/TOO2, STA7/TOO1, STA7/TOO2 then it is possible that the designation will only overwrite newly selected combinations which is no concern. It is still necessary to remove target designation prior to launch though.

Yeah I did a TGP/4jSOW mission and it works like I thought. It's important to undesignate the TGP before launch time or you'll just put four JSOW against your TGP LOS!
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:04 AM   #14
killerquagmire

Ok, so it looks like the PP feature for JDAMS is broken. I have researched several guides and youtube tutorials and followed them step by step and no matter what, my 4 JDAMS only track to two targets regardless of how I input them into the UFC. Hopefully they get a fix for this soon. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has had any recent success with this.
killerquagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #15
Frederf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerquagmire View Post
Ok, so it looks like the PP feature for JDAMS is broken. I have researched several guides and youtube tutorials and followed them step by step and no matter what, my 4 JDAMS only track to two targets regardless of how I input them into the UFC. Hopefully they get a fix for this soon. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has had any recent success with this.
Works for me. Ensure that if you desire a one-pickle-four-JDAM-four-target release that you carry the weapons on four separate stations. If the JDAMs are carried on dual adapters then the number of simultaneous targets that can be engaged by a single weapon release button press is limited by the number of stations. If two stations of double rack JDAMs are carried then it will be necessary to make a PP1 and PP2 mission and perform two separate releases.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #16
killerquagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
Works for me. Ensure that if you desire a one-pickle-four-JDAM-four-target release that you carry the weapons on four separate stations. If the JDAMs are carried on dual adapters then the number of simultaneous targets that can be engaged by a single weapon release button press is limited by the number of stations. If two stations of double rack JDAMs are carried then it will be necessary to make a PP1 and PP2 mission and perform two separate releases.
Got it. This worked for me. Many thanks my friend!
killerquagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:55 AM   #17
TonyG

I just pickled 8 off in 30 seconds and hit 8 different targets.

4x PP1, then select PP2 as it steps back through the stations to drop the second 4 bombs. Straightforward and effective.
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote