Operation "Blue Flag Normandy" - 24/7 WWII PvP Campaign - ROUND 1

xcom

Sorry, I meant to get back to this and forgot all about it. As far as FAQ outside the game, I don't know. I have suggested that information be made more accessible and detailed on the website because the whole Blue Flag environment can me a bit overwhelming at first.

However, to answer your question, there is a "help" menu within the game (under the F10 menu). It does have a good deal of information, however, because it is in the game, it is a bit clunky and difficult to use.

The basics, in case you don’t already know:

1. There are zones called "PAK". Each of these zones have capturable objectives that belong to one side or the other. Use the F10 menu to get updates on the status of each of the objectives in each of these zones (you can also get an easy quick view of the map with the states of the objectives on the website)
  2. Every objective (whether town or airbase or airbase/town combo, etc) has a certain amount of destroyable targets (along with various static objects that are not destroyable; it becomes apparent fairly quickly which objects should be engaged and which should be ignored). These targets consist of AAA, flak, barracks, trucks, T-Shaped buildings, tanks, halftraks and towers.
  3. As these targets are destroyed, the objective's "health" decreases. As long as the objective is "open" it will slowly "repair" (destroyed targets will be replaced)
  4. When almost all the targets within the objective have been destroyed, the objective will "close". I'm pretty sure at this time the objective will no longer repair
  5. When all the engageable targets within the objective are destroyed, the objective will go neutral and become captureable
  6. Now you must deliver troops to capture the objective (turn it from neutral to your side) This is done by delivering troops using a TF51 (whether you are axis or allied). To deliver troops using the TF51:
    1. Spawn in a TF51
    2. Access the F10 menu and Select CTLD (or whatever it is)
    3. Find Troop Transport and load troops
    4. Fly to the objective and land
    5. Once landed, unload the troops in the same way you loaded them

After the troops have been unloaded the objective will switch from neutral to your side but will be closed

[*]To open the objective a TF51 must used to deliver a repair crate (side note, all logistical items, crates, troops etc, must come from open objectives in your side's control) to deliver a repair crate:

1. Spawn in a TF51
  2. Access the F10 menu and Select CDTL (or whatever it is)
  3. Find logistical crates and select "repair crate"
  4. A crate will be delivered. You must load this crate. Use the F10/CTLD/Crate commands (or something like that) to load it
  5. Fly to the objective and land
  6. Unload the crate in the same way you loaded it.

After the crate has been uloaded, the objective will reopen and begin to repair

-NOTE: Items 6 and 7 may have some errors. I am at work "working" and I am writing this from memory so I can not verify the correct exact steps but the gist is correct. When I get home, I'll double check and update/edit as required.-

There is a bit more to it, but this is the basic idea on what is going on as of today, 24 April, 2020

{Whew, never tried to do lists in this format before. That was a bit of a chore}

-edit: I just noticed that Slayer has a pretty good and comprehensive description linked above. It is in Russian but google translate will convert it on the forums.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Will try the server tomorrow!

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Britain in peril!!!!!

All of Normandy, save the Naval base at Cabourg in PAK4, has fallen to the Axis and, at the time of this writing, Funtington in PAK 1 (in South Britain) is under Axis control.

This is an urgent call to allied fighters to join me and turn the tide.

The most likely time to find me online is sometime during 19:00-22:30 US CDT (00:00-03:30 UTC) during the week and sporadically during the weekend.

It is unlikely that I will attempt a cross channel recapture alone. (Last week I tried to defend some airbases on the continent by myself and only succeeded in getting beat time and again and loosing those airbases anyway)

If I am not on the Buddy Spike server during those times, I may be in either LFDM or SoW (Normandy). Feel completely free to jump into those servers and send me a text. I will join you on Buddy Spike.

Allies Counter

05 May 2020

Last week, after capturing the entirety of Normandy, the axis forces crossed the channel and pushed the allies hard on the British Isles. There was some back and forth, where Funtington was lost and regained a few times and even Tangemere changed hands a couple of times.

Then, over the weekend, thanks largely to the efforts of Ziggy (slayer) and his Russian friends, the allies regained a foothold in Normandy and Chippelle. Joined off and on by other players, these three have methodically, over the last couple days, increased the allied presence in Normandy and are now axis are starting to feel the heat.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, after the last update the DCS, server is not visible in the list, and does not connect via ip.

Edited by -Slayer-

Два главных вопроса к ЕД:

Зачем у Мустанга в ДКС винт от Ми-8, который разгоняет его с динамикой Спита при одинаковой заправке и бОльшей на четверть массе?

Почему у FW-190 топливо расходуется с одинаковой скоростью из переднего и заднего баков и в итоге сигнальные лампы загораются не впопад?

ps Дмитрий, если Вас заставили прикрутить винт от Ми-8 к Мустангу - подавайте знаки, мы Вас спасём!

How often is this server up and running?

This will swing my decision on whether to purchase Normandy and a relevant aircraft.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

How often is this server up and running?

This will swing my decision on whether to purchase Normandy and a relevant aircraft.

As far as I've seen over the last couple of months it's been back on-line, it is always up and running.

It is a really neat concept.

It runs the latest OB release.

BF Normandy has been updated -

1. It now includes the P47.

2. All airplanes are now available to takeoff from captured airbases.

3. defenses (zu23s) are removed and only WWII units are now available.

4. Tanks have been removed by APCs.

Example of how it looks can be seen here -

Xcom, an excellent choice, I support everything :), have already tried it - it has become more interesting. This should attract the people.

Зачем у Мустанга в ДКС винт от Ми-8, который разгоняет его с динамикой Спита при одинаковой заправке и бОльшей на четверть массе?

Почему у FW-190 топливо расходуется с одинаковой скоростью из переднего и заднего баков и в итоге сигнальные лампы загораются не впопад?

ps Дмитрий, если Вас заставили прикрутить винт от Ми-8 к Мустангу - подавайте знаки, мы Вас спасём!

I found myself on the opposite side from Slayer last night. We had a couple of spirited and fun back and forths before I had to call it an evening.

With the new system that allows captured bases to be used by the capturing force, hopefully the axis disadvantage will be eliminated and more axis pilots will join up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, hello afof, I think I understood what you asked about the last time (I will look at the track from the external views) - apparently you could not get rid of the HVAR for dogfight - it seems to me that I damaged the system that was damaged with this (new DM is coming :)) - this is completely likely. True, after the attack I lost control, and while I was in a tailspin, I overheated the engine (did not slow down, it killed him :)), and lost.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi xcom, there is such a problem on the server - from time to time there are long delays in events. It looks like this - you attack a unit, and it explodes after some time (it can take a long time). Also, at such moments, the server responds to requests with a delay. In this case, an explosion of one's own aircraft in the air often occurs - also apparently connected with this. This happens right in the process of departure - that is, at first everything is fine, then the problems begin. There is an assumption that this is due to the presence of bombers on the server. This is a very unpleasant phenomenon, it has been happening lately. Maybe for a while to remove the bombers, and check how it will be?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, server is not visible in the list.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, your server is always invisible in the lobby, but it is always online in the gadget.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, as far as I understand the server was turned off, probably due to lack of attendance. I wanted to share a couple of thoughts on the reasons for this.

I think the main reason is the amount of anti-aircraft artillery at the airfields. It is clear that powerful anti-aircraft artillery is made to stimulate teamwork (when one player distracts anti-aircraft guns, the second destroys them). The problem is that nowadays not so many players fly as a team, usually they are single. The player enters the server, he is knocked down by anti-aircraft artillery, he leaves the server, and does not enter again. Personally, I was able to capture airfields alone, for both sides, but if the player is not ready to spend time studying the features of anti-aircraft artillery in the simulator, he will be shot down.

The very idea of ​​real-time capture is currently unparalleled in DCS, so it's a pity that the server is down. Actually the proposal - maybe just weaken the defenses of airfields, and make their capture easy for a single pilot? That is, presumably, these should be targets that are easy for storming - fans of storming will start visiting the server, fans of fierce battles too (it is understandable why), the battle will shift more into the air, like on ordinary servers, while there will be a unique incentive to seize territory.

It’s really a pity that the server is down. Thank.

It seems the WWII people are more inclined to airquake, which is a pity..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone, the server is not visible in the lobby. At the moment, the allies have captured 1 airfield near OMAHA - what should they do next for further advance?

I like it too, but it's pretty much unpopulated..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I think it's a combination of:

1. People being a bit overwhelmed when they first join
  2. People not knowing about it
  3. People already having their favorite servers
  4. The fact that nobody is on leads to people not wanting to get on the "boring server"
    1. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people don't realize that there is stuff to do on the server while you wait for others to join. (See point 1 above)

EDIT:  Also doesn't help that, apparently, even when the server is "online", according to the website, it doesn't always show up in the multiplayer list  (like right now)  [2021-03-25  02:09]

Edited by BM357_TinMan

• 2 weeks later...

The 'preferred' server has the missions heavily biased towards the Allies.. that's the ONLY reason it's so populated..

Specs:

Settings:

3 hours ago, amazingme said:

it's so populated..

This server is empty right now... There is at least one other WW2 Normandy server out there that is wayyyy more populated.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The other two more popular servers are just fine and have plenty to recomend them; I just enjoy how the game play works on this particular one.

I could be wrong but I'll restate, and hope that xcom picks up on it, I think a lot of people pass by this server simpy because:

1. It's sparatically not visible in the list, for some reason
  2. They just don't understand how it works.
    1. I joined just the other day and it looks like the way it is played has been changed in some ways since last summer (when it was taken down)
      1. There is no easy/apparant way of figuring out how to play this thing.  The ingame menus are cumbersome.  They should do a simple youtube or something and make it apparent that it exsists and where to find it.

Even then, it just might never take off.  There is a limited number of DCS WWII flyers and even less, MP players.