crosspost to ns430, hind implementation

ngreenaway

i originally put this in the mi24 section, but because ns430 stakeholders read here, i crossposted it

Will the hind be getting a vr- friendly NS430?

Image below shows a different Garmin GPS unit in use

Mil_Mi-24_Hind-D_Bord_118_Gunners_Cockpit_01_CWAM_8Oct2011_%2814444315969%29.jpg

I can't zoom in enough to read definitively, but in this Bulgarian mi-24, there also appears to be some gps to the right of the sights

this seems to be a reasonable way to mount the ns430, similar to how aviodev & now polychop implemented it

picture.php?albumid=1828&pictureid=12323

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry for digging out this older post but I was thinking it is more reasonable to do so then making a new post because this one still pops up in the Google search result if you search for the NS430 in the Hind.

If the NS430 would have VR support for the 2D and 3D model and support for the Mi-24P Hind I would really consider buying it on Steam.
Right now without the Support of VR it has no big appeal for me.

And I wouldn't mind more Modules included in the Steam Version of the NS430 even if this means the Price would go up.
Would only be fair to increase the price if the other 3th Party Modules would be added and VR Support. (Maybe like the A-10C II upgrade-model)

14 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

If the NS430 would have VR support for the 2D and 3D model and support for the Mi-24P Hind I would really consider buying it on Steam.

+1 ... currently I'm just learning the Hip, but even if I won't be able to really use the NS430 in a while, its pricing on the last sale was too good to pass up, so for US$ 8.5 I have a VR-friendly GPS on my helo 👍  .. if DCS adds it to the Hind, I will for sure purchase it.

bhMrXIP.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

12 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

Isn't the Hind we get more of an 80s variant? Ataka is late 80s and is the most modern system on it.

I think ED is going for a 90s Russian (not Soviet) variant at the earliest (Ataka + Lipa removed). While Ataka is late 80s, that (from what I can dig up here and here) was only on the 9P149 ATGM vehicle, on the Hind Ataka only seems to have been integrated in the mid 90s.

The difference here though, is that the variant of the Hind we have essentially represents the Hind as it was in the 90s to how it is present day - I'm not aware of any changes since the introduction of Ataka, the aircraft as it was in the mid 90s is how it is in the present day to my knowledge. You may find examples still flying with Lipa (though it may be disconnected, not that it's any use against anything other than 1st generation conical scanning IRH missiles), and sometimes you can see the ASO-2V with or without its fairing (though that seems to be in the same boat as the options for armour, IR suppressors, hardpoints and cargo doors that we have for the Hip).

Personally, I kinda see it the same way I see the L-39 and the Hip - both are Cold War era aircraft essentially predating GPS (especially GPS integration), but the exact same variants depicted still fly today, just with a GPS fitted, so fitting one is a decent way of getting an aircraft that spans a larger timeframe depending whether or not you fit a GPS.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

6 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

Guess i'll make a wishlist item for era options then: 80s (disallow Ataka + disallow NVG if a planned system + disallow GPS), 90s (80s + Ataka) and a 2000+ (Shturm + Ataka + NVG if a planned system + GPS).

That's what we essentially have in the L-39 and Mi-8, if you take GPS it's more modern and with it removed they're back to the Cold War - it's essentially just an easy way of having variants that are accurate for both the modern day and the mid-to-late Cold War.

On some level i don't care about frankensteining and gamification anymore i guess, i just don't what that    spoil my MP experience 😐

Oh I'm not in support of fudging variants together into 1, I'd rather people pick something and stick with it, regardless of what that 'something' is. Here though - the differences between the different eras are kept relatively minimal, if you weapons restrict you essentially have an 80s Hind (you're only missing Lipa, which is only effective against SAMs that we basically don't have anyway). 

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.