OH-58 Exclusive Helisimmer.com interview

The article mentioned an AI pilot and no multicrew. I know it may be difficult but with the right bindings will we be able to fly and use the weapons system at the same time? In the gazelle I would be flying and manipulating the camera with a hat switch.

I did wonder how that fitted with the statement of it being complete on release.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

The way the article read it sounded like they are trying to leave the framework to backport multicrew into it but they're not confident enough of being able to do it to call it a feature. So its not promised so it can be complete without it. I'm just curious if theres an ai gunner who will shoot at targets and mark targets as an afac or if you have to let the ai fly to do that or if you're talented enough be capable of flying marking and shooting all at the same time?

Before we start, a warning: there are NO GUARANTEES that the Kiowa will see the light of day as Polychop and Eagle Dynamics are still negotiating contracts.

What’s the deal with this?

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

They said in their first brief on the kiowa that they have a draft of a contract everyone has agreed they can sign. That doesn't mean there won't be more horse trading or a break down in negotiations if someone changes their mind on one aspect or another. Seems to translate to them having a handshake agreement but not a legal one yet.

They said in their first brief on the kiowa that they have a draft of a contract everyone has agreed they can sign.

More like they hope everybody will agree, technically they have nothing but hopes

....We have to point out that at this moment, no contract has been signed yet but the latest draft is one we think all parties can agree to....

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I hope the contract clearly states, gazelle will be updated to this new amazing tech standard before oh58 will come to dcs skies... if not just another example of crap business model screwing the end user that has purchased said module and it’s lackluster standard.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

They said in their first brief on the kiowa that they have a draft of a contract everyone has agreed they can sign. That doesn't mean there won't be more horse trading or a break down in negotiations if someone changes their mind on one aspect or another. Seems to translate to them having a handshake agreement but not a legal one yet.

Seems to me that this is a dire attempt to force ED's hand in signing a contract by showing how much "support or want" there is for the module. I'm not gonna believe anything until I see it. Although it would be great to have this bird in DCS since its so close to my heart.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Except that they got ED's permission before making their statement.

Do you have a source for that? I think I may have overlooked that.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Straight out of their facebook announcement:

"Being a licensed product, the OH-58D module has to adhere to the standards set by Bell Textron, which we believe will in turn benefit the community in terms of quality control. Both the high but expected standards set by Bell Textron and lengthy but needed contract negotiations and legal requirements with Eagle Dynamics led to the fact that the development of the Kiowa module up to this point has been sort of a public secret. With multiple parties involved and no signed contract we could not share as much information with the community as we would have liked. We have to point out that at this moment, no contract has been signed yet but the latest draft is one we think all parties can agree to. With a contract on the table that is acceptable for all parties involved, the time has come for us to share with you the status of development."

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

Wow! Didn't expect the Koiwa to be in this very advanced State of Development. Great News for all us Heli-Pilots. Finally we get a new Toy, and even a pretty modern One.

I bet Bell wouldn’t sign without a functioning demo. I say hope for the best plan for the worst

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Straight out of their facebook announcement:

"We have to point out that at this moment, no contract has been signed yet but the latest draft is one we think all parties can agree to."

Straight out of their facebook announcement......

Specs:

They "might think everyone will agreed" if they met the conditions of E.D. (or vice versa, since we dont know, and honestly this is none of our business.) I'm glad that we have some sort of good hope and hype. The "finish on release" part is also amazing.

I'm sure it will benefit every parties. ED, PC, BT. :smartass:

Take from it what you will. I doubt they said the latest one can be agreed to without discussing its content with ED.

The thing is, we had this once with Razbam announcing the Mig-23...the community was wow/cool....and the hopes got crushed by ED saying "you have no license, your doing nothing". It took them what, a year +/-? before they re-announce the Mig-23 after they had signed a contract.

I'm not saying this is the case here....

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings