Navigation pod

macrossMX

But I do see pics of US F-16 equipped with a pod on the left cheek. Is that the HARM targeting pod that will eventually be released?

The port side or 5L station is capable of using the 113 Navigation pod but it's not something that's used stateside from my experience. Tell you the truth I don't think I've EVER seen one used anywhere at other bases. My understanding is that it was procured by a few foreign customers/NATO allies. The Harm Targeting System (AN/ASQ-213 HTS) mounts to the starboard/5R OR the port/5L stations. It's capable of being carried on either side but typically mounts to 5L when a sniper or lantirn pod is also mounted.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

• 2 weeks later...

@ WildWeasel303 "I don't think I've EVER seen one used anywhere at other bases. My understanding is that it was procured by a few foreign customers/NATO allies."

In the late 90's we used them quite frequently in the 524FS. At the time we were the largest Blk 40 squadron in the AF with our mission focused primarily on low level interdiction air-to-mud night operations.

Edited by NorgeNate
fixed something

System Specs: Virpil WarBRD Base, Virpil Mongoose T-50CM stick w/Virpil desk mount, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/Virpil desk mount, MFG Crosswind RP, TrackIR 5, Stream Deck 32, Windows 11 Home 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3600, Asus X570 TUF Gaming Pro WiFi MoBo, XFX RX 6800 XT Merc 319, 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, 1TB Toshiba HDD 7200rpm, 2TB WD Blue HDD 5400rpm, 1TB WD Black 750 NVMe M.2 SSD, No Optical drive, Onboard Audio + Avid Eleven Rack Audio Interface.