Air units not visible on mission choice until airfield is taken

Adamastor

Hi everyone

I´m building a multiplayer capture airfields mission. I would like to know if there is some way that the aircraft on not yet taken airfields don´t show in "Choice of role" in the beginning of a mission.

For example, the mission starts in Batumi and when Senaky is taken i can have some late activated aicrafts. Then (after Senaki is taken) they show on choice of role.

The ideia is to use that mission on a multiplayer server and each time a player gets in, the roles are limited to already taken airfields.

Thank you.

Unfortunately the way the MP UI works at present is that all aircraft set to "client" are always visible and you cannot add or remove those slots as the mission is running. Your options are to either use a slotblocking script that prevents users from joining certain slots under certain conditions. Or split it up into multiple missions like with Hoggit's GAW. Basically there are objectives and a set of spawns for phase 1 and phase 2 has all new spawns to choose form.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thank you Grimes. I think the way mission goes scripting may be the answer (already expecting for problems after DCS updates).

I was looking for some scripts in the forum, but could't find any thing (maybe the wrong keywords). Someone knows if there already exists someting? I confess that I'm not familiar with script.