F5 Bug Report

Arctic

Hey BST,

thanks for another great Module !:thumbup:

Some Bugs we figured out until now:

- Afterburner sometimes wont light up despite the fuel consumption gauge shows higher consumption

- (apparently only in VR) while pressing Weapon Release Button (Rockets/Bombs) DCS will crash, not only for me but also for others VR users as well (both HTC Vive users, i dont know if it also happens with Rift)

And now back to the Pit...!!!!:pilotfly::joystick::thumbup:

Edited by Arctic

• ED Team

- Afterburner sometimes wont light up despite the fuel consumption gauge shows higher consumption

Could you record short track with this problem?

- (apparently only in VR) while pressing Weapon Release Button (Rockets/Bombs) DCS will crash, not only for me but also for others VR users as well (both HTC Vive users, i dont know if it also happens with Rift)

Could you attach logs after crash?

Thank you!

• ED Team

please post your whole logs folder zipped after the crash

thanks

edit: snipped by cofcorpse :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hey,

so, for the VR Problerm here is the Logs Folder (Last crash occured on 10:02PM MEST).

It also happens without (!) any Weapons loaded. I was flying with the F5, set the "Guns, Missiles and Camera Switch" to upper position, External Stores Rotary Switch to RIPL and outer (A2A Switches) on the Armament Position Selector to up/on. When I press the Release Button, DCS will crash.

The track file for the Afterburner Problem will be provided by zerO_crash.

Thankyou !:pilotfly:

Logs.rar

The FOV on the AIM-9's is jacked, right?

Seems to be a very tiny circle located slightly above the missile piper. Incredibly difficult to maintain tone, personally.

Edit: Also, loving this module, so far. What a beaut.

Edited by Mmmslash
Too negative - just looking for clarification.

• ED Team

Seems to be a very tiny circle located slightly above the missile piper. Incredibly difficult to maintain tone, personally.

FOV will fix.

Amat Victoria Curam.

Lovely model and skins Thank you.

With warthog Hoyas system, found the throttle position not matched by the engine speed, IE retard throttles and nothing happens, then it dropped a lot. Also gear warning activated below 200kts, cycle the gear handle , it shuts up....then starts again. Gear silence switch has no effect. Still trying to find the trim control in the menu my's my F5 is very nose high.

It will all get sorted in time I'm sure, manual awaited, but glad I got it.

I have taken off, landed, brake chute looks great, the flight model seems a wee bit erratic, but it's early dates yet.

Edited by flyingscotsman

Are you holding the missile uncage button/switch once you hear the tone?

As soon as you hear the tone, you need to press and hold the missile uncage button. It should then start tracking the target as long as you're holding the missile uncage button. If you don't hold the missile uncage button as soon as you hear the tone it will be locked to that tiny FOV as you said.

UHF Radio Presets Not Working

As the title says, the UHF Radio presets are currently not working.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nose-wheel steering. Its very difficult to move on the ground. When you press the NWS button the wheel either goes full left or full right no matter how little you move the rudder.

hold the button down while using the rudder on the ground

NVIDIA GTX 1080

Intel Core i7 8700k

32GB DDR4

Z370 Motherboard

Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog + VPC Extension + VPC Mounts

Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (half broken garbage)

TrackIR 5

Oculus Rift CV1

I put my rudders on a curve of 30, NWS is much more manageable that way.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Thanks for kind words!

Yes, as stated above by Mr.Pitt. It is nearly fixed in internal version.

Also gear warning activated below 200kts, cycle the gear handle , it shuts up....then starts again. Gear silence switch has no effect. Still trying to find the trim control in the menu my's my F5 is very nose high.

I don't understand about gear warning, what is wrong. Could you explain further, please?

Trim is RCtrl+. (nose up) and RCtrl+; (nose up)

Nose-wheel steering.

Yes, it's very sensitive. I'll see what I can do, but don't expect anything big ))

As the title says, the UHF Radio presets are currently not working.

How does this appears? You select some preset and can't connect by radio?

Is the rearm function not implemented yet in multiplayer?

It should work, just as on other crafts. Are you on runway belonging to your coalition?

When I switch on the gun switch, I always get the Sidewinder growl, although they aren't selected on the weapons panel...

Aim-9P5 on the wingtips of course.

System

Intel Core i5 8600k 3,6 GHz, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce GTX 1070Ti, Windows 10 64 Bit, Tm Warthog HOTAS, Trackir 5

Hey! Fantastic module! I have been waiting for this since the rumors after the AI model update. I would like to help in bug reporting, this isn't big but could cause some inconveniences. When RIPL is selected on External Stores selector, whether and interval and pylon selection is correct or not, the sim freezes after pressing the Bomb-Rocket Release button. Shows at Not Responding in task manager, could not save a track and am unaware where a crash log would save.

Just a heads up! Love the aircraft regardless and have no problem staying away from the RIPL option.

Rockwelllancer

1-The lever to open and close the canopy does not work and has no way to click on it. It happened to me about 3 times. And every time I laid the aircraft linked to a long period of time on the ground.

2-Whenever you disable the oxygen alone he moved the lever to 100% oxygen use. This is normal?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• ED Team
Thanks, confirmed not only for VR devices.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы