Multiple views

slipstream21

Is it possible to have a twin seater such as the Tomcat and have the front seat set up as a standard VR configuration and the rear seat (instructor) to have dual joystick control, for carrier landings, etc, and to additionally have 2D panels (undocked) that show the instrumentation that can be manipulated via touch screens.

I have knowledge of undocking panels in MFS but not in DCS

Thanks in advance.

The only (expensive) way I know of a similar setup would be to have 2 separate PC systems via multiplayer, but in the same room.

Good question I’m not doing multiple screens so I’m not familiar with it’s limitations. Not to mention vr/non rated setups if the f14 had multiple crew I would say setup a local network between the two seats one computer for the front with vr one setup for the rear with two joysticks and switches and touch panels. Btw if you need a 24-28” touchscreen I have one I bought new a few years back but switched to vr before using it it is in its box but it’s open .

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Good question I’m not doing multiple screens so I’m not familiar with it’s limitations. Not to mention vr/non rated setups if the f14 had multiple crew I would say setup a local network between the two seats one computer for the front with vr one setup for the rear with two joysticks and switches and touch panels. Btw if you need a 24-28” touchscreen I have one I bought new a few years back but switched to vr before using it it is in its box but it’s open .

Thanks. That would make sense. Does DCS run on networked PC’s? I would buy your touch screen but taxes and postage would make it very expensive to the U.K.

Ok you would havetolog into the server with both if your wanting multiplayer traditional you would have to connect both machines to the map server then connect to the same ac like the gazelle guys do but right now as far as I know it isn’t possible. For offline play you would have to run your own server on one of the machines. Still not possible at this time for this ac. The multi crew is supposed to be coming.

I don’t know if you can run to views the rest would work as it is if they are separate assignments for fron and rear controls I’m not I don’t think you are s ble to assign 2 joysticks to the same setting/button/axis. I would like to see a virtual pilot and be the wso but Ed thinks everyone wants to be maverick I know he’s instructor in the new movie and flew f14sin the old guys.

P.S. I wish ED would rake the time and complete the stuff they have out instead of creating more modules and features. But that will not make them any new money from most of us. Figure the new user dales are probably no more than 10% at the max it is us users that jump on the new stuff and since dcs world is free as I recall or use to be it the additional modules that are the income for them.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Thanks. Looking at simtools panel builder for extended display would work. In ref to a twin joystick setup I think it would work if you were to electrically feed all cables into a junction box with a switch over between the two, ie, a hardware workaround.

I believe I could make this work with a single pc as long as it’s a monster.

Thanks. I see that simtools panel builder allows gauges to be arranged on additional screens but not, it seems, controls such as throttle, flaps, gear retract lever etc, which I would like to be able to be controlled via a touchscreen.

Is there any alternative software that allow controls as well as instruments?

Thanks in advance.