Some pointers in general with the F-16 in mind :)

macedk

1. Your hardware controls: Make sure they are not "spiking" meaning they jitter at small movement. "spiking" make any jet not right and it is hard to null out. In general make sure you don't have faulty controls, dosen't matter is you are low or high end. The F-16 will go there if you point it there. You can try deadzone if you are not at a point of buying new hardware and adjust from there :).

2. The F-16 will safe the bad pilot and kill the same one. I've flown a lot of simulated aircraft over the years (year 2000 ish online). If you are on it..F-16 might seem dull but again she will go were u point her, example tgp work in A-10 ..nice auto pilot and a lot of flags when looking at tgp, we will get this in the F-16 in time but right now, monitor your instruments. You drop a bomb and forget to trim ..she is now doing 30 degree left and 10 degree down at 380 knots ...only going faster. BE vigilant..goes for all in general but this bird ..be faster. Military version of the s-300 aerobatic plane.

3. She is a dog in full load and drop it she is a friggin F1 car. If point one is not set , never mind ..that important.

4. Dcs wise she is not done and no pilot would drive her in real life with this lack of feedback BUT if you are a veteran driver of simulated aircraft then it is a good challenge juts to fly her.

5. Be ready as a person to be told you did it wrong, itis not on you as a person ..you are just flying a pristine aircraft. Be ready to accept that you don't know this jet yet. For me personally it is a: he is just better or me not doing right. Nothing out of wack. Been flying dcs stuff for a while and 9 out of 10 it has been me. Thrust me when it is official a finished product ..you will still suck ;) hehehe.

6. She is a handful in every scenario but she is controllable, but takes skill..

7. have fun and hopefully some 7 year old finds out that this is for him or her and do it in real life.

DCS CREW you have a ton of work ..get on it ;)

Out :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So much wrong with this post but i'll let it go and be silent from now on.

You aren't the only one thinking it.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

So much wrong with this post but i'll let it go and be silent from now on.

Same...

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Ah yes, the f-16 is unable to can unquantifiable choices in such a way that creates a feeling of dislike towards an entity in a computer. Yes.

BAWAHAHAHAA! :megalol:

i9-13900K@5.8Ghz, RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Aorus Elite AX MB, 64GB DDR5 6000, 2x2TB M.2 980pro SSDs, Win11 64 P, TM Warthog, T-IR 2D @ 4K, Quest Pro VR.

Really, did you really mean this, what's in that glass :doh:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Tough critics .....that is the spirit :)

She will bite if you fly her wrong ...

Lawn darts incoming and complaining.

Also not just grabbed out the thin air you guys inhale....

Granted a F-16 maestro not yet ...

I live in a country where we have free speech so have at it :)

Guns only and I'll try to give ya a round for your money ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not understanding who the OP is trying to lecture, maybe newcomers, probably. And that's commendable, I guess.

But the "tips" are a bit weird, to be honest. I too make mistakes and have some long time vices and I always loved having someone helping me to correct them over time. But...

Why would you stick your head down that you disregard your trimming losing control of your aircraft? If you do that and you "forget to trim" or have "spiky" axis, dude, you need some tips of your own! :)

"Aviate, Navigate, Communicate"

Aviate comes first. This is the only tip I ever needed to improve my cockpit work.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Did you check your contols for smear, wear and tear already?

At first, while I plugged in my X-52 pro Hotas after years of eating dust, I couldn't keep my rudder /nosewheel steady and centered. Rudderpedals were shaking constantly. Disasambling the stick and a treatment of the potentiometer with contactspray and compressed air solved my problem.

Since then, 'my' viper goes where I want it to go. Even with hands-off the controls there's only very little deviation in altitude and direction. Ofcourse, introduction of auto-pilot will make flying this beauty even easier but hey... the viper is still in EA status. Thumbs up for the ED team so far!