Drag with Flaps extended.

sp3nc3r

The redesigned flap jamming and drag model will be in the next patch, it will give you plenty of buffer over Vfe before things start to break, but I'm sure it will catch a lot of people off guard who like to abuse the flaps.

Eh, people who abuse the flaps now, most likely don't mind jamming them anyways. Such is the nature of DCS MP that people refuel inverted, takeoff from taxiways and dogfight at treetops. And no matter what we do, people will keep on doing it.

What is commendable though, is the strife and pursuit for most authentic experience possible in DCS. This IMO is what each and every module should simulate.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

"The redesigned flap jamming and drag model will be in the next patch, it will give you plenty of buffer over Vfe before things start to break, but I'm sure it will catch a lot of people off guard who like to abuse the flaps." great news looking forward to it !

Dalan any fighter pilot will try to avoid dogfighting at any costs, but if it is inevitable dogfighting is mainly flying geometrics and liftvectors. And at last it will end doing circles at treetop height.

Eh, people who abuse the flaps now, most likely don't mind jamming them anyways. Such is the nature of DCS MP that people refuel inverted, takeoff from taxiways and dogfight at treetops. And no matter what we do, people will keep on doing it.

What is commendable though, is the strife and pursuit for most authentic experience possible in DCS. This IMO is what each and every module should simulate.

That crowd will start to mind when they jam asymmetrically and they can't trim out the resulting roll...:)

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

That crowd will start to mind when they jam asymmetrically and they can't trim out the resulting roll...:)

HA! I remember flying the A2A P-51D in FSX, coming in way hot and dropping my flaps beyond Vfe, they jammed asymmetrically, induced a roll and even full lateral stick didnt do anything. :lol: Fun times.

'That crowd' being your customers? Nice.

That crowd being our customers, yes. Our customers who we stay up long nights for, because we want them to have the best product. That crowd most of us have known for more than 15 years in some cases and call their personal friends, some of them best friends even. That crowd that made us bust our b...s time and time again for 5 years to bring you the Tomcat as she is.

You know very well what fat creason meant and to suggest anything else, as if we would look down on our customers or try to willy-nilly punish them, is nothing but proposterous. If anything we've always tried to meet you straight on eye level, so you will have to excuse us please, if we sometimes use familiar speech with our community, too.

That crowd of ppl who use exploits. That's all what it means. We always said that this is not their fault, but ours. If you noticed, we are working on fixing that.

We try to treat every customer as king, and I like to think that you will find very few companies who go through the lengths we do, to satisfy as many of you as we can. So please don't pull the customer card on us for no good reason. If you are angry at us, then please tell me why, and maybe I can help. Or at least explain. I don't mind that. Be angry, that's your right. I will be more than happy to hear it. But please don't suggest that we would not care, because we do.

I will even go a step further and tell you how we care about that crowd of exploiters: they use an advantage the real plane would not give them. At the same time this exploit replaces training your skills with the stick. Which in the Tomcat is enough to win, if trained well and flown well, and which will still allow you to use flaps, when needed. So a strive for realism, is a strive for everybody to learn and to evolve. Allowing for inaccuracies does no favor to our customers whatsoever. I hope that makes sense. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Dalan any fighter pilot will try to avoid dogfighting at any costs, but if it is inevitable dogfighting is mainly flying geometrics and liftvectors. And at last it will end doing circles at treetop height.

Oh man, we talking DCS broad user base here, not actual pilots in actual operating environments. Check above for just a few cases of behavior you would never find IRL but are endemic to DCS. Even by "good" players.

I do hope you are right mate :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Check above for just a few cases of behavior you would never find IRL but are endemic to DCS. Even by "good" players.

They do because they can (and so is possible IRL... but with consequences) - nothing to discuss about. Want immersion? Don't go into Public MP.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

They do because they can (and so is possible IRL... but with consequences) - nothing to discuss about.

Indeed. Just let each of us count how many times have we died. Even the best among us. Do that IRL and it's all over.

Don't go into Public MP.

Amen...