last update, great night time cockpit lighting, but very low day time lighting

fitness88

Interesting, with yesterday's big update the cockpit night time lighting has improved with added lighting accents but flying during the day you can hardly see the electronic displays and DDI's.

Hope they keep the night time lights and tweak the daytime.

It is challenge to see even a HUD in a day time, even more to see a JHMCS that is completely washed out in NTTR in default weather.

DDI becomes difficult to read if sun lits it, so you are maneuvering aircraft to get it in shadow.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

This is strange as i read a few of the issues yesterday and upgraded last night to check. My cockpits and mfd's, ddi's also HUD etc are fine, a little less blown out but i thought they looked ok and i can read them easy enough even in vr.. i read on the dcs facebook group that enabling global cockpit lighting helps..

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

The MPCD is MUCH better - I can use it with the map turned on now. However, in bright sunlight, it' s not easy to see the HUD information - or the MFD information in direct sunlight.

This has been my experience also

I'm impressed with night time lighting inside the cockpit (especially adjustable FLIR gain) and outside. Tested only in a A/G mission in SP. Moonlit night... everything looked perfect. (in Oculus)

Tomorrow I'll give it a shot with night time refueling. I'm curious about A/C lights, vis distance and so forth.

Too bad the FLOLS overlay is still mandatory. Shows up at 2nm on case III final at night.

I'm impressed with night time lighting inside the cockpit (especially adjustable FLIR gain) and outside. Tested only in a A/G mission in SP. Moonlit night... everything looked perfect. (in Oculus)

Tomorrow I'll give it a shot with night time refueling. I'm curious about A/C lights, vis distance and so forth.

Too bad the FLOLS overlay is still mandatory. Shows up at 2nm on case III final at night.

You can disable it with a quick mod for now https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4352282&postcount=5

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The MPCD is MUCH better - I can use it with the map turned on now. However, in bright sunlight, it' s not easy to see the HUD information - or the MFD information in direct sunlight.

Get this mod from user files downloads, allows the screen to dim as much as you want keeping the info bright...it's very good.

FA-18C AMPCD Improved Symbol Clarity+control

I've only had the new version 2 days but the only thing I have noticed is that the gear and flap lights are now just some green mishmash that is about half as bright as before. not a big deal but I used to be able to actually read the names on them.

• 2 weeks later...

A little more info

Get this mod from user files downloads, allows the screen to dim as much as you want keeping the info bright...it's very good.

FA-18C AMPCD Improved Symbol Clarity+control

Can you laze it for us. I can't find any mod with a name even close.

Edited by RackMonkey

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS