Improved stability and dedicated server - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #91
0xDEADBEEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingFrisbee View Post
I agree completely. MP could be so much better than it already is, and if people like him were put in a position by ED to actually use their time, skill, and passion to create rather than work around dozens of bugs it'd be a sight to behold.
Amen!

Please Nineline, I've invited BIGNEWY as well, come to the dynamic DCS server, play a few hours with us. Experience why we think MP needs improvement, and why the work Drex puts into this is unpayable for ED and DCS. Don't just join for 15 minutes, spend a solid evening, and you will understand why MP is so different to SP.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:54 PM   #92
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by =4c=Nikola View Post
Right now, only ~160 people play MP publicly. That's not "a lot of people".
That's because we have OpenBeta and stable, some people use OB some use stable. So it's spread out between these two.

Some weeks ago I was talking to NineLine and I showed him a screenshot of the MP list where you could see 700+ people online, the hosters were included but the actual players were in the order of 450-600 players online. But I can see 350+ people online quite easily.

DCS is in fact growing and that makes me extremely happy.

However, the MP problems are in fact a thing, they do exist and there are a few...

I suffer a lot from MP issues and I simply GOT TIRED of complaining and explaining how difficult MP really is. So I just don't post anything.

Right now I see 465.

https://splashonegaming.com
Old 07-11-2018, 06:58 PM   #93
iLOVEwindmills

Yeah have absolutely no clue why ED is not actively invested into things like DDCS or Blue Flag. These sort of servers are directly responsible for selling modules and maps.

Currently multiplayer stability/performance feels like its barely keeping itself together at best, often being responsible for straight up ruining the MP experience. People like Drexx are working magic with the game, making it do things most people had no idea it could.

Supporting them more, giving them a more direct line to ED or anything, can only be good for the game.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #94
Toothcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I only see 50 or so posts in this thread, some by the same people, I guess that is not a lot of people complaining about multiplayer either.
Does this mean that it'll be taken seriously when enough people are complaining? This is such a crap attitude to have that I came out of lurker status just to add one more name to that list.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

War Machines
Old 07-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #95
=4c=Nikola

@Vitormouraa
This is not topic, we can open new topic to discuss this but:
Since today, both open beta and stable are same.

There are no 465 public players there. You need to subtract number of servers and locked servers.

Right now I see ~300 public players.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #96
finn1978

"Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I only see 50 or so posts in this thread, some by the same people, I guess that is not a lot of people complaining about multiplayer either."
So i just saw this post and had to make my first post to forums....WOW just WOW
Nineline your logic is backwards... there are alot more possible reasons for more people not posting and it doesnt mean that it's cause multiplayer isnt popular... Striking how a company doesnt even understand how their consumers use and enjoy the product.... pls pls pls get with it and enter the 21st century, it would benefit us all; you as a company in increased users/players and thus profits... and us players with something fresh everyday instead of stale reptitive sh&t
only thing i and most of my friend use single player is to learn the module or get repititions for practice, so i can go PLAY in multiplayer
sincerely GrumpyFinn
Old 07-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #97
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by =4c=Nikola View Post
@Vitormouraa
This is not topic, we can open new topic to discuss this but:
Since today, both open beta and stable are same.

There are no 465 public players there. You need to subtract number of servers and locked servers.

Right now I see ~300 public players.
Roger. But you get it, there are quite a bit of people playing DCS, sometimes not a whole lot but sometimes there are a couple of hundreds of players.

https://splashonegaming.com
Old 07-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #98
Veritech

MP needs a re-work since forever. Is it so hard to see?

It’s kind of insulting to be treated as a lunatic by a “moderator”.

You pay for their products, but have no right to complain when something is unfinished. Pure malarkey.

"Alis Aquilae Aut Pax Aut Bellum"

Veritech's DCS YouTube Channel
Old 07-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #99
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I only see 50 or so posts in this thread, some by the same people, I guess that is not a lot of people complaining about multiplayer either.
A lot of us do our best not to constantly b*tch and moan to you guys, because we know you get enough of it, but since you're apparently asking for it here...I'll weigh in.

Add one to be count of people who see a glaring need for drastic improvement in MP stability. I'll spare you the long winded details, etc, as I am sure others will have covered my complaints previously...but I haven't seen any "complaints" that I didn't agree with.
Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:
Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440
Old 07-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #100
iKyrThraad993i

Is it me or do I think this thread will blow up soon?

Look I want ED to work on the Online part of the game like the rest of everyone here. But please guys tone it down. Try to keep this constructive and help ED on what people would like to see. Maybe have like a Post where someone takes everyone who has a valid point and put it on the first post with some type of organization.

Ranting and bashing ED and members opinions about the online portion is not the right way to handle this. Constructive post pointing out issues and ideas goes a long way.
Closed Thread