BFT 11&12 FE flying too slow - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 03:20 AM   #1
TonyG

Default BFT 11&12 FE flying too slow

I've gone through both missions 11 and 12, and both of them have the FE flying along at 138 knots. While it's possible to pass 11 like this ( just horribly frustrating) it's impossible to pass 12 because you can't hit any of the waypoints on time.

This starts from the initial meet up at way point 3(?) just inside the MOA, the FE just parks it at 138, and causes you to fly with flaps and boards out.

I'm itching to get this passed and move onto the next campaign, other than this bug, it's been fantastic, a really great way to learn the A-10.

Tony
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
leecush
Beta Tester

I'm in the process of going through this campaign again, I will check this evening to see if I have the issue. In the mean time do you have the latest version of DCS installed?
Old 08-24-2017, 12:31 PM   #3
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Yes it certainly wasn't designed that way. Do a DCS Repair if you still have issues.

You can compare your experience to these videos. It should still play similar:

Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:23 PM   #4
BBQ

Dang it, I just updated too -- and just flew 138 knots in #11 Practice the entire time, and FE asks you go to 8000 at one point, but he never goes, and then down to 6000 (the whole time we're at like 5700-5800. I thought something fishing was happening, so I tried to checked my score, and it froze up my PC --

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
I've gone through both missions 11 and 12, and both of them have the FE flying along at 138 knots. While it's possible to pass 11 like this ( just horribly frustrating) it's impossible to pass 12 because you can't hit any of the waypoints on time.

This starts from the initial meet up at way point 3(?) just inside the MOA, the FE just parks it at 138, and causes you to fly with flaps and boards out.

I'm itching to get this passed and move onto the next campaign, other than this bug, it's been fantastic, a really great way to learn the A-10.

Tony

Last edited by BBQ; 08-25-2017 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added I experienced this in the #11 Practice mission
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:26 PM   #5
BBQ

I'll try doing a repair -- though this was literally the first time I've flown since I updated this morning. I have no mods, and never have (with this latest PC anyway).

BBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre-TLA View Post
Yes it certainly wasn't designed that way. Do a DCS Repair if you still have issues.

You can compare your experience to these videos. It should still play similar:

Old 08-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #6
BBQ

Amazing, the repair worked. I wonder if it has anything to do with me editing/fixing older missions from an old KA-50 campaign. Can't imagine what "Repair" does, besides restore some default files (of which of all mine were the default files -- as I said, no mods.) . Oh well -- what's the saying ... "Don't look a gift Warthog in the mouth?"

Last edited by BBQ; 08-25-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:09 AM   #8
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

This is related with the IA bug not keeping the speed adjusted in the mission editor.

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860-GTX 1060 KFA2- 6G RAM-1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:28 AM   #9
TonyG

Simply repairing didn't work. I moved the file to another folder and then when I ran the repair, it replaced it. Works now!

I'm now BFT qualified nice little touch with all the infantry running out, but I kinda expected the music to start playing, got used to hearing it after a pass!
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:14 AM   #10
BBQ

I know, I've gotten used to the music as well -- I hate to break it to ya, but no music in AAT either

I'm sure some complained about the music -- and MF had to make a decision one way or another -- can't please everyone all of the time lol