Close Combat Mode

MrDieing

Good evening folks,

Can anybody explain this feature to me? I do not seem to be able to activate it nor find it anywere. Is this not implemented yet or not anymore? And what exactly are the benefits?

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

What razo said

also it gives new radar scanning modes

instead of doing a wide long range sweep , it can look at a very very narrow area (where you probably already see the enemy or assume where he is , used at very short ranges.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need to have master arm on and a missile selected I believe. Maybe there's a way of overwriting that, but onyl works if I have Magic or 530 selected.

On that note, is it possible to have vertical scan with the 530 selected, seems to only work with magics, which is a pain when you only have 530's left and in a turning battle.

You need to have master arm on and a missile selected I believe. Maybe there's a way of overwriting that, but onyl works if I have Magic or 530 selected.

On that note, is it possible to have vertical scan with the 530 selected, seems to only work with magics, which is a pain when you only have 530's left and in a turning battle.

No.

Vertical scan is available for Magic and AA gun.

With Super 530D you have SVI, which scan through the full HUD.

Anyway, Super 530D isn't that great in close turning fight.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

No.

Vertical scan is available for Magic and AA gun.

With Super 530D you have SVI, which scan through the full HUD.

I vouch that.. Magics are your best use in close turning fight.. Had a SU27 right in front me .. He survived the 530 cause he turned hard but didn't help when I swapped to the magic and fired :megalol: inb4 mirage OP

at medium altitudes 530D's NEZ is <10nm, so this mode comes quite handy when you've lost lock and have no time to play with TDC on VTB

However, 530Ds may help in preventing someone from running away from the fight

not always ... I've noticed that if someone's running (afterburning), your NEZ is still pretty big and if you launch within this range, 530 won't always hit the target

you should have at least 3-4nm range (and a big speed yourself) in order to 100% kill your retreating supersonic opponent ...

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...