"ARGO" DCS UH-1H SP Campaign - Upcoming DLC - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #1
gregzagk
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Default "ARGO" DCS UH-1H SP Campaign - Upcoming DLC

DCS: UH-1H Argo Campaign

It is with great pleasure to announce that I am working on the release of an official DLC Campaign called "Argo", for the UH-1H module for TFC/ED in the upcoming months.
Work started some months ago and the aim is to build a realistic and demanding environment in which you will enjoy flying the Huey in its full capacity.

"Argo", is a story driven campaign consisting of you in the role of an experienced Greek UH-1H pilot with many years of service in the Hellenic Army Aviation.
Recently you and a number of active Huey pilots were transferred in the Hellenic Navy.

The campaign starts on July 2017. NATO Exercise “Sea Breeze” is taking place once more in the Black Sea. This year, Georgia’s Batumi port is being used as a base for all the allied naval forces.
The countries that participate in the exercise are Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Italy, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Ukraine, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

One year after the US-led coalition’s operations in Iraq’s city of Mosul, Georgia accepted a large wave of refugees arriving through Turkey.
NATO wanted to show its support by conducting the exercise in Georgian Territory.

For the needs of “Sea Breeze” exercise, Hellenic Navy's frigate ARGO FFG-46, sailed towards Batumi in order to provide support to the NATO Fleet and the rest of the Greek Forces.

Recently Greece successfully negotiated with the United States Government, about a military partially funded assistance program, which included the purchase of 4x retired Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigates of the US Navy.
The frigates were modernized last year with new Radar & Phalanx systems to get ready for foreign sales.

You and your UH-1H were assigned to the new Hellenic Navy Frigate ARGO FFG-46 which was previously known as USS Rentz (FFG-46).
The frigate is still operating under US flag until its crew completes its training to the new weapon systems.

Your Huey is getting refueled and ready for the exercise.

More details will follow as work continues. I hope you like the concept and will enjoy the missions once ready.

Greg

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP
"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign
OPERATION "PONTUS" - F/A-18C DLC Campaign
373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

Last edited by gregzagk; 04-21-2017 at 07:41 PM.
gregzagk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #2
Andrei
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Andrei

Looks interesting! How many missions are you planning?
Andrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #3
gregzagk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
Looks interesting! How many missions are you planning?
They are 15 currently.

Greg

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP
"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign
OPERATION "PONTUS" - F/A-18C DLC Campaign
373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net
gregzagk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
baltic_dragon

Looks good! May be an incentive to finally learn to fly the Huey! Good luck with this project!
Old 12-02-2016, 10:45 AM   #5
Wepar

Take my money!!!
Old 12-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #6
Cibit
Veteran

Very nice, I look forward to flying it. I can't even begin to imagine how much time and effort goes into a campaign

Cibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:58 AM   #7
QuiGon
Veteran

That's an unusual concept, but it looks interesting. Employing the Huey in a naval role onboard a frigate will be great fun.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:09 AM   #8
Cybermat47

I was going to hold off on buying the UH-1 until a Vietnam map was released, but this has changed my mind. If I get the Huey, I'm getting this
Old 12-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #9
MickeEinSweden

I sm interested in this campaign. I will buy it when it is for sale. Keep on the good work
MickeEinSweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:16 AM   #10
baltic_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibit View Post
Very nice, I look forward to flying it. I can't even begin to imagine how much time and effort goes into a campaign
Quite some time. Actually, a lot of time. But it is quite a rewarding experience.

Speaking of time and work, Greg - if you need some VOs done (especially for the Georgian side or non native EN speaker) just hit me up, always happy to help!