Impressed - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-19-2020, 06:46 PM   #1
bkthunder

Default Impressed

I was looking forward to giving this a try after hearing about the nice progress you made.
Well, so far I've spent only about one hour doing IFR flights in it, but I have to say the attention to detail is impressive. Not a massive fan of the aircraft itself, but you've done a commendable job, the cockpit and instuments feel alive more than in any other module. Hard not to love it.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:13 PM   #2
Vibora
Beta Tester

Thank you bkthunder

Vibora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:25 AM   #3
streakeagle

I have had this airplane since it was available for download. It was always a pleasant experience aside from the simple flight model. I haven't flown it for some time, but I spent today just doing cold starts, takeoffs, ovals, and landings. From little details like HOTAS mapping options to the feel of the flight model to the look of the aircraft both inside the cockpit and out, it is really a great module. Based on these results, I am looking forward to you next module. If it is going to be the Mirage F1, I was already eager to get that aircraft, now I can't wait with this kind of quality benchmark. It took a long time for the C-101 to get to this point, but it sure was worth the wait!
Old 04-20-2020, 07:12 AM   #4
TaleSpin

Hi, just wanted to mention that I like the 101 quite much as well.

Even though I am a little confused about its performance, concerning the engine. I read in other threads that it should be coded by real wordl data, but the take off run even without any loadouts seems reaaally long for this aircraft and the acceleration is very, very low.
TaleSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #5
bkthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaleSpin View Post
Hi, just wanted to mention that I like the 101 quite much as well.

Even though I am a little confused about its performance, concerning the engine. I read in other threads that it should be coded by real wordl data, but the take off run even without any loadouts seems reaaally long for this aircraft and the acceleration is very, very low.
Yes I agree, I can hardly do a loop with the EB!
It seems the FM is accurate, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?
Old 04-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #6
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Do you hold the brakes while waiting for the engine to spool-up? And only releasing them once the rpm is at least 80% ?

Remember this engine has about 5000 lb pf thrust, the F-16c has 30,000 with ab, it is a trainer not a fighter.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:08 AM   #7
TaleSpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
Do you hold the brakes while waiting for the engine to spool-up? And only releasing them once the rpm is at least 80% ?

Remember this engine has about 5000 lb pf thrust, the F-16c has 30,000 with ab, it is a trainer not a fighter.
This works a bit better...should take care a little more of the training sorties I guess...

I know it is not a "fighter" but at least the CC is intended for some light strikes (what I like the most) so even for this it feels sometimes quite underpowered
TaleSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:10 PM   #8
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaleSpin View Post
This works a bit better...should take care a little more of the training sorties I guess...

I know it is not a "fighter" but at least the CC is intended for some light strikes (what I like the most) so even for this it feels sometimes quite underpowered
The manual power reserve (MPR) will give you a little bit more of a boost.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:14 PM   #9
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthunder View Post
Yes I agree, I can hardly do a loop with the EB!
It seems the FM is accurate, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?
Loops are quite doable. Just make sure you're going at least 250 kts and preferably closer to 300 kts. Also, make sure you don't have a full fuel load when doing aerobatics.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:36 AM   #10
Rowan

I have had the C-101 since day one basically, didn't like it at first so I ignored it for a long time, came back to it recently and the progress on it is outstanding. I really enjoy it now.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote