Carrier Into the Wind and BRC - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-05-2020, 06:46 PM   #1
hein22

Default Carrier Into the Wind and BRC

So reading Wags supercarrier guide that he just posted I found something that I personally thought was going to be approached differently. First, we are still obligated to set the carrier waypoints so it goes into the wind. I thought the supercarrier was going to include a smart logic to do it by itself in case wind changes or the ship's route doesn't match the wind, but at the moment of launch or recovery it would automatically switch. Second, BRC. It would have been nice that ED included a BRC small window that showed the BRC based on the MVAR coded into the game at the specific location the ship is at, rather than having us calculating it ourselves. It says that we can also check the LSO station but not during early access.

Last edited by hein22; 04-05-2020 at 06:58 PM.
hein22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #2
Yoda967

If that's the case, there are a couple scripts out there that are easy to add. Wrench's Carrier Script works well with the JOHN C. STENNIS, and Air Boss apparently also does those things.
Yoda967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
patpatpowercat

I think the point is that when ED is modeling "most detailed and realistic simulation of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier ever created", and we are paying for that, it should be able to perform functions that are absolutely essential for naval flight operations without user created scripts.

My hope is that later in early access (maybe when airboss station?) they see the light and make this an option in the ME, similar to how you can change units ROE, etc. "Perform cyclic operations" or some other option in the ME would work.
patpatpowercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #4
hein22

Quote:
Originally Posted by patpatpowercat View Post
I think the point is that when ED is modeling "most detailed and realistic simulation of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier ever created", and we are paying for that, it should be able to perform functions that are absolutely essential for naval flight operations without user created scripts.

My hope is that later in early access (maybe when airboss station?) they see the light and make this an option in the ME, similar to how you can change units ROE, etc. "Perform cyclic operations" or some other option in the ME would work.
Exactly that. Meaning no disrespect obviously. But was kind of dissapointed when I read the guide. My opinion only. Air boss station will need player to interact, and that's what I'm saying, the carrier should have an easy logic that can be made by ED with no effort. They code NASA stuff I imagine they can code a simple logic for this.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:40 AM   #5
Larkis

I dint think its so easy cause you simply can put the carrier everywhere and you need a logic which can detect the surrpunding and plot a course. Having zhe carrier simply turn into wind will make it crash against an island, other ships or go into the range of anti-ship weaponry.
Larkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:10 AM   #6
MrDieing
DCS Ground Crew

Yeah, and I want to be able to drive the boat because ED is making the "most detailed and realistic simulation of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier ever created" and I am paying for it. It does not work like that.

For the ship turning into the wind, if its out of Early Access and there is no such feature, then we can ask again. EA never offers the full package, that is the entire idea, features will be added as time progresses. I believe they mentioned somewhere something like this would come in, do not have the exact post on hand.

The BRC thing. Marshal reports the BRC multiple times during approach. I dont think the real life Hornet pilots get a window in their face with the correct BRC corrected for MVAR. Either the BRC which the Marshal gives is already corrected for MVAR or the pilots do it themselves. If this really bothers you then I suppose somebody from ED can clear up which of the two is applied in real life. I for one could not care less, I just want to drive boats. Just another opinion in thousands.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:03 AM   #7
Larkis

You still can move the ship with CA.
Larkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:12 AM   #8
MrDieing
DCS Ground Crew

It was intended with sarcasm, forgot that you can actually drive it with CA. But are you telling me I have to buy CA seperately to drive it? I already paid for it!! (Again, sarcasm intended, but a very realistic answer)
Old 04-08-2020, 10:16 PM   #9
Bluecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkis View Post
You still can move the ship with CA.
Sorry to be dumb . . .

But what's CA?
Bluecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:23 PM   #10
Greyman

Combined Arms - the DCS module that lets you drive and orchestrate ground-based stuff and now, apparently, water-based stuff too.
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote