Head position height in VR - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #11
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperpr1 View Post
How do you adjust pilot height in the A-10C? Also in VR.
Seat height toggle switch, to the left of the landing gear lever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakamora View Post
Why do people bother hunching/leaning adjusting in game seat height? Am i the only one using lctrl + shift numpadkeys or - +. And lalt + numpad 0 to save position. Is there a benefit using ingame seat height adjustment vs the technique i just mentioned(in vr)?
I don't lean or hunch. Personally, I drop my chin to chest and depress the VR view recenter key. This way, the virtual pilot is sitting all the way back in the seat, rather than towards the front edge of the seat. Easy to confirm alignment in the F/A-18C as you have a pilot body that lines up your real shoulders to the virtual shoulders. A10C doesn't offer that "luxury" but doesn't take long to know where the sweet spot is and quick set.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #12
Notso

Quote:
Originally Posted by David OC View Post
hunch down a bit then recenter vr
lean forward / back recenter vr
How do you recenter VR while in game?
Old 02-26-2020, 08:01 PM   #13
lobo**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso View Post
How do you recenter VR while in game?
Numpad 5
Old 02-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #14
Notso

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo** View Post
Numpad 5
Sweet thanks!

And for the set and save position using the keyboard, how do you do this in VR? I assume you have to keep your head still while hunting around for the keys.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:11 AM   #15
Ziptie

Quote:
Sweet thanks!

And for the set and save position using the keyboard, how do you do this in VR? I assume you have to keep your head still while hunting around for the keys.
Affirmative. Set the keyboard in your lap if it’s not easily accessible while doing so. Personally, I have reassigned the num pad keys to the UFC keypad on the Hornet so I can type coordinates in easier (or weapon settings if applicable). For the A10C, I have the num pad keys set to the numeric keys of the CDU, again for coordinate entry or TAD and weapon profile settings. I assigned the VR center key to one of the buttons on my McLaren GT3 wheel.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:01 PM   #16
Rakamora

Double post
Rakamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:02 PM   #17
Rakamora

Quote:
Sweet thanks!

Left alt + numpad zero to save your current position as default.
Rakamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:27 AM   #18
Tippis

You can also go into your snapviews.lua file and precisely position your default VR position down to the micrometer. I found that just pushing it back a few cm, and maybe up a bit, perfectly suited my needs.
Tippis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:59 AM   #19
VampireNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippis View Post
You can also go into your snapviews.lua file and precisely position your default VR position down to the micrometer. I found that just pushing it back a few cm, and maybe up a bit, perfectly suited my needs.

That is the best thing to do, as you can also zero out any unintended angles and lateral offset you may have input while 'saving' your viewpoint in-game.
Ideally you want to just adjust height and longitudinal position.

VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #20
eaglecash867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakamora View Post
Why do people bother hunching/leaning adjusting in game seat height? Am i the only one using lctrl + shift numpadkeys or - +. And lalt + numpad 0 to save position. Is there a benefit using ingame seat height adjustment vs the technique i just mentioned(in vr)?
You're not the only one using those keys. I use them too, and the cool thing is you only have to do it once. After that, its just a matter of getting into a comfortable position, and then hitting the VR recenter button.
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb Pro, and Oculus Rift CV1. Partridge and pear tree pending.
eaglecash867 is offline   Reply With Quote