[MISSING TRACK FILE] F/A-18C NOT STRAPPING UP ON CATAPULT - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-25-2020, 12:19 PM   #11
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Hi all

Not connecting on Cat 3 or being thrown from the cat has been reported.

It may well be connected to this issue.

The current tracks provided do not play back correctly or contain user mods unfortunately.

If you do have a short track replay that clearly shows the issue we will be happy to take a look

thank you
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, TM Warthog, Jet provost rudder pedals, VIVE Cosmos

BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:21 PM   #12
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Hi all

Not connecting on Cat 3 or being thrown from the cat has been reported.

It may well be connected to this issue.

The current tracks provided do not play back correctly or contain user mods unfortunately.

If you do have a short track replay that clearly shows the issue we will be happy to take a look

thank you
CAT 1 and CAT 2 are the same for the hookup issue. I have disabled track file writing with my autoexec.cfg file - working to fix some of the stutters and stop from writing huge files to my PC. It's easy to replicate. Very easy. Haven't launched from CAT 3, so cannot comment on that one.

CAT 1 and CAT 2 are the same every single time. There depressions of the U key to get the aircraft's launch bar to hook up to the catapult. Two in quick succession, you will then get the radio instruction to taxi to parking area - then a single depression of U to get hooked up to the CAT.

I run zero mods, vanilla DCS.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:47 PM   #13
Caliboy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziptie View Post
CAT 1 and CAT 2 are the same for the hookup issue. I have disabled track file writing with my autoexec.cfg file - working to fix some of the stutters and stop from writing huge files to my PC. It's easy to replicate. Very easy. Haven't launched from CAT 3, so cannot comment on that one.

CAT 1 and CAT 2 are the same every single time. There depressions of the U key to get the aircraft's launch bar to hook up to the catapult. Two in quick succession, you will then get the radio instruction to taxi to parking area - then a single depression of U to get hooked up to the CAT.

I run zero mods, vanilla DCS.

Cheers,

Don
Hey everyone,

Here’s my take on this. ED is preparing for Supercarrier. The coding is for that module. Until it comes out, we just have to deal with it. Tired of reading it everywhere, so here’s the work around until ED is ready to release SC...

First takeoff...

1. Request takeoff.
2. Abort takeoff.
3. Hook up to catapult.
4. Takeoff.

After landing...

1. Request startup.
2. Request takeoff.
3. Abort takeoff.
4. Hook up to catapult.
5. Takeoff.

I have tested this on MP and SP. Only takes 10 seconds. Works every time.

Happy flying!
F/A-18C Hornet, i9 9900K OC 5.0G, 1TB Intel 660 M.2 SSD, Z390 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, GeForce RTX 2080TI, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T-Rudder, Oculus Rift S, Open Wheeler GEN2 Sim Chair w/ Warthog Upgrade.
Caliboy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 02:07 AM   #14
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboy42 View Post
Hey everyone,

Here’s my take on this. ED is preparing for Supercarrier. The coding is for that module. Until it comes out, we just have to deal with it. Tired of reading it everywhere, so here’s the work around until ED is ready to release SC...

First takeoff...

1. Request takeoff.
2. Abort takeoff.
3. Hook up to catapult.
4. Takeoff.

After landing...

1. Request startup.
2. Request takeoff.
3. Abort takeoff.
4. Hook up to catapult.
5. Takeoff.

I have tested this on MP and SP. Only takes 10 seconds. Works every time.

Happy flying!
Yup, exactly what some one else confirmed, and myself - on page 1.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 04:31 PM   #15
oldpop

If I spawn on the ship, there is no problem "hooking up" but after a "trap" no hookup and cat!
oldpop is offline   Reply With Quote