[NO BUG] Hornets engine problems. - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-19-2020, 01:27 AM   #11
Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harker View Post
What warning are you getting? Anything on the Advisories line?
Let me take a screen shot when I see it again.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:58 PM   #12
padonis

I also see such smoke, but it is not always from and I do not know what it depends on. Appears and disappears irregularly. They see him sometimes both at low speed and on afterburners. There was no such thing before, I was very surprised to see him, I thought I was shot by someone.
padonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #13
USNVA_02

Let me put it this way... If i saw my f-18 billowing as much smoke as this Hornet does in DCS, I would be pulling the silly handle cause it's on fire. Let hope the NEXT update fixes it, Or maybe it's like that so the russkies will have a better chance in a furball against us

Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time
USNVA_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:40 AM   #14
Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNVA_02 View Post
Let me put it this way... If i saw my f-18 billowing as much smoke as this Hornet does in DCS, I would be pulling the silly handle cause it's on fire. Let hope the NEXT update fixes it, Or maybe it's like that so the russkies will have a better chance in a furball against us
Lol. Well said
Old 02-24-2020, 01:08 AM   #15
Svsmokey
Veteran

Had an Air Force clerk comment on the "exotic" Corps base names once after noting i was assigned at Twentynine Palms . I had a good time there , but exotic ? Not !
So we're taking a performance hit for an inaccurate representation of the Hornet ? Nice ! (also not)

"Hold my beer"

Last edited by Svsmokey; 02-24-2020 at 01:12 AM.
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:12 AM   #16
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Let me take a screen shot when I see it again.
Any update on the warning you were seeing, or are you good to go?

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:46 PM   #17
Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziptie View Post
Any update on the warning you were seeing, or are you good to go?

Cheers,

Don
I’ve had Bitchin Betty start squawking about left engine left engine when in burner but no fault indication popping up what so ever. So no screen shot.

Still watching for any fault notification.

Cheers
Old 02-24-2020, 04:35 PM   #18
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
I’ve had Bitchin Betty start squawking about left engine left engine when in burner but no fault indication popping up what so ever. So no screen shot.

Still watching for any fault notification.

Cheers
On the IFEI, are the engines in sync?

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:59 PM   #19
Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziptie View Post
On the IFEI, are the engines in sync?

Cheers,

Don
I'll take a look at that for sure the next time it comes up.

On another note regarding the smokey engines. Are people seeing this? As well is it just in VR or monitor operations as well.
The reason why I ask is that I strictly fly in VR and as a result of only having a Nividia 1050 card. I was running VR is a lower resolution then normal (1680 X 1050). After increasing my resolution much higher like 4680 X 1080.

So not sure what has changed and could it be a result from having lower resolution settings..
Old 02-24-2020, 06:01 PM   #20
wilbur81

Yesterday, on the Caucasus map in the latest 2.5.6 open beta, my hornet was smoking black like a chimney idling on the runway before takeoff AND at 16,000 feet in full after burner. This is not correct, I'm pretty sure.

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
- Faramir
wilbur81 is offline   Reply With Quote