Training Missions updates and downloads - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #101
imacken
Veteran

BD, we've still got the INS alignment issue in the cold start mission that was mentioned a good few posts ago.
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · 2 x Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM2
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #102
Razor18

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_dragon View Post
Hey guys, for those using stable version I have added link to full set of training missions in the first post - all 20 are ready for download.
Hi Dragon,

looks like Training files accessible alright, but unzipped, so for download you need to wait until the single files zip themselves up into one single downloadable 780 MB zip file. Just to save zipping time for all those trying to download, could you maybe store them already zipped up please?

However the link to the docu pdf files seems to be wrong, you have "hhttps" at the beginning, instead of "https". If one reckognizes and corrects it manually in one's browser, it's all OK. Could you maybe correct it please tough to save the hassle for everyone?

Thanks for both, hope it is not just me with these issues, sorry if so...

Kudos for them to you anyway in a first place !

Last edited by Razor18; 09-06-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Razor18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:25 PM   #103
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

I know I will fix that, posted using my phone as I didn’t have the laptop. I will also update the docs section.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:26 PM   #104
baltic_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
BD, we've still got the INS alignment issue in the cold start mission that was mentioned a good few posts ago.
OK I will check. I was focusing on finishing the whole project first, now it is time to go back and update stuff.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:22 PM   #105
SnowTiger

Hello @baltic_dragon

I never knew there were also Kneeboard PDF's as well until recently. But today I tried to download them from the link in your first post and the link doesn't seem to work (or it's not recognized as a legitimate address) ?

Are they already visible in the Kneeboard files if we have updated DCS ? eg: Do they come with the DCS Update along with the Mission Files ?
Old 09-06-2019, 11:40 PM   #106
Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowTiger View Post
Are they already visible in the Kneeboard files if we have updated DCS ? eg: Do they come with the DCS Update along with the Mission Files ?
Yes, mission specific kneeboard pages are include within each mission .miz file and can be viewed when flying the mission.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:19 AM   #107
SnowTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
Yes, mission specific kneeboard pages are include within each mission .miz file and can be viewed when flying the mission.
Excellent thank you.

The fact is I have flown a couple of the training missions and had difficulty getting some of the things to work as described in the tutorials, however I had no idea there were kneeboard files to refer to during the tutorials.

Thanks again for the reply.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:18 PM   #108
baltic_dragon

OK guys, links updated & should be working fine!
Old 09-12-2019, 02:10 AM   #109
Gunnar81

Hi BD, great missions by the way. One item I found was mission 19? Night operations. It seems to me the cloud cover is too low to perform the requested actions. The flight instructor requests a 10,000MSL altitude and for the waypoints 3 and 4 all you can see is hazy cloud cover through both the NVG's and the FLIR. I wasn't able to spot the Harrier at WYPT 4 to formation fly with as I believe he must be flying in the cloud cover as well. Maybe something to look into? Or I may be doing something wrong as well..
Gunnar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #110
imacken
Veteran

BD, how far would you like us to go in terms of comments on the missions? I would say that most I have tried all have some (minor) issues. Do you think you will update them if we spend time making comments?
For example, in the Cold and Dark mission, I have found:
• Nothing about boost pumps to NORM in check list (C/L).
• Nothing about BIT test in C/L between 6 and 7.
• Fuel quantity error in C/L. Right should be 2400.
• ‘DMT on’ missing in C/L.
• Misspelling - RFC should be EFC in C/L.
• FLAPS go to 25 in STOL, not 15 as suggested by instructor.
• Need a ‘press spacebar’ prompt between inputting the co-ords for INS alignment and the input of MVAR. Goes too quickly for a novice to proceed, and if not done correctly, then the lesson just doesn't progress – and it’s a long way back to the beginning!
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · 2 x Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM2
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote