No Prop Damage

SnowTiger

I was just wondering if because this is just a new release that we don't have any Prop Damage Model (i.e. it's indestructible) or is there a setting somewhere that I have to check.

Also, might it be possible to get a Trim Reset option/button ?

Not that I really need it for flying but I had a heck of a time trying to figure out why the Landing and Shut Down Tutorial wasn't progressing because I couldn't seem to find the sweet spot for the Trim Lever to be in the Neutral position whether I used my mouse to manipulate the lever OR my Trim Hat.

Even though it appeared to be trimmed neutral, I almost crashed trying to find the neutral position manually (with mouse) and couldn't seem to get the Tutorial Message to pee off after moving the trim all the way both ways and trying to find a central/neutral point.

Anyway, it's no biggy but a Trim Reset option might be helpful.

And finally, is it safe to assume that the Controls page (DCS Controls Settings) will accurately reflect the controls we have and NOT include things like "Cannons" which the CE2 obviously doesn't have and surely never will have.

There seems to be many generic control settings/options listed that really have zero to do with this aircraft.

Thanks.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I was just wondering if because this is just a new release that we don't have any Prop Damage Model

I noticed the same issue.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

There most definitely is a prop damage. It's coded and visually represented. I've checked during testing some time ago.

If it's not working than this is a bug and should be reported (in Mantis preferably).

As for trim, I will forward this suggestion. Certainly makes sense.

Cannon tab was left as a joke. It will be removed soon enough.

Edited by Hiromachi

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

There most definitely is a prop damage. It's coded and visually represented. I've checked during testing some time ago.

If it's not working than this is a bug and should be reported (in Mantis preferably).

I parked on the nose (hard braking) and the prop/engine worked still.

I'll check it again after the last update.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Crash it or something, it may be that prop is just too to tough (which would require some tweaking).

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Same here.

Short track (30sec) attached.

I cut the engine myself there in the end, else it would have kept running.

propdmg.trk

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I also have experienced the prop not taking damage when/as it should, but it will break. I am not sure if its a duration issue or an angle at which it occurs.

Due to the excessive bounce from the tail wheel (another issue) I have ended up completely on its spinner with the prop still spinning. If I end up on its back, the prop breaks. If I end up back on my wheels I am fine with no noticeable damage.

Also, during inverted flight over the runway, I have been able to skim off the ground without any damage to any part of the a/c. Have not checked the track to see which part would have hit first, the tail or the prop.

On the other side of the damage issue, I had contact with a spitfire while in air and took damage to my wing where the Spit did not take any.

Overall, it is a very fun aircraft to fly. Thank you for bringing it into the DCS lineup!

I agree Shahdoh that it is a very fun aircraft to fly.

And I'm almost glad the prop didn't get damaged on my first few tries ... would have made for a longer learning curve having to restart the mission each time I did a nose-over.

I've had the CE2 standing right on it's nose and the prop doesn't lose a beat !! LOL.

@Heromachi >> You mentioned "If it's not working than this is a bug and should be reported (in Mantis preferably)."

I don't know what Mantis is !!

Should "I" Report it to/in Mantis ? And if so, can you please direct me to the appropriate location to do that ?

Thanks

This is Mantis, our bug reporting tool: https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view_all_bug_page.php

So it seems it breaks, but only in certain unspecified conditions ?

And in my experience, I have yet to see ANY prop damage no matter what I have done.

I haven't augured into the ground yet (so-to-speak) but I have done a few head stands (on the nose), sometimes falling back onto the wheels and other times landing upside-down.

And Thanks for the Bug Reporting Tool Link.

But it might take a while to figure out the Filters in order to make the report.

BTW - The latest (today) update has killed the Kneeboard in the CE2. I'm not sure of any other aircraft modules yet.

The Kneeboard comes on and I can mark my location BUT I can NOT change Pages now !!

Works fine for me... RCtrl+Left/Right :)

After the patch today, took a closer look. The prop can take a fair amount of abuse, but never causes an engine failure. When the engine finally does stop, I have seen the prop shows damage if there has been enough damage applied, which seems a bit to strong.

One would expect a prop strike of almost any degree to eventually cause engine failure.

I agree Shahdoh.

I managed to kill it by crashing into a building but otherwise I can't seem to hurt the prop or kill the engine.

PS> @grunf

I'm going to take back comments in my last post re: Kneeboard.

As it turns out. all my WP's were able to fit on a single page.

However, while it may simply be a CE2 thing that the Airport Charts are not included, I certainly can't change pages to see if there are any other pages. I can only assume there are no others (only pages as necessary for the WP's provided in the ME).

Furthermore, I was just flying in the 104th Phoenix Server (until I got dumped twice for Connection Timed Out BS) where the kneeboard worked fine.

So for now I'm going to say there are no issues with the kneeboard at all let alone in the CE2.

Please try the attached collision file. I reduced the rotation speed by 1/2. Perhaps the standard rotation speed is too fast too be detected.

Place it at...

CoreMods\aircraft\Christen Eagle II\Shapes

CE2_Collision.rar

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Please try the attached collision file. I reduced the rotation speed by 1/2. Perhaps the standard rotation speed is too fast too be detected.

Place it at...

CoreModsaircraftChristen Eagle IIShapes

[ATTACH]203077[/ATTACH]

Didn't help I'm afraid. It can still drill holes in the ground, with no apparent damage. :D

Yes, we have produced few more versions of collision file overnight and keep trying to figure out what's causing this.