Can't Zoom View In/Out & Collective Not Working

SnowTiger

Today is the 2nd time I have jumped into the Huey since the latest update.

I cannot for the life of me, figure out what the heck is going on with my Zoom.

It has only worked the same way for YEARS now but someone had to go change something.

To view outside and zoom in on targets etc, I have always Mapped to a Hat on my Stick. Zoom In, Zoom Out and Zoom Normal.

Now that doesn't work At All !

I tried Zoom In/Out/Normal and Zoom Exterior In/Out/Normal NOTHING WORKS (i.e. Nothing Happens).

Furthermore, for some reason my Collective doesn't move in the Cockpit even though the Hotas is clearly recognized in the DCS Profiler.

Some day I'd like to just jump into something and fly without issues.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Yah, bad day.

Try Zoom In/Out Slow commands. Workin for me mapped to a hat.

Did your collective somehow get double mapped?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is ANYONE Else having this issue ?

I haven't been able (or willing) to waste my time with the Huey for a LONG TIME now.

I have tried EVERYTHING I can even imagine and cannot resolve this frustrating issue.

My Zoom In/Out Function is COMPLETELY INERT in this aircraft. And Believe Me when I tell you that I have selected Every Single Zoom command there is.

PS> It's like I don't even have anything mapped to my Zoom View Hat (Stick) at all. And yet I don't have THIS issue with ANY OTHER MODULE. Only the Huey.

That said, because I cannot zoom at all, I haven't even bothered trying to customize my default view (head/seat position and FOV) for the Huey in a long time so I have no idea if those Snap Views get saved at all (I have had an issue with this in the past with the Huey. Currently having that issue with the Gazelle).

I do have Save Snap Views selected/checked in the Main Options/Profile thingy.

Have you tried to repair your DCS install?

Do you use any mods?

I had some issues with the throttle when using a mod for crew status indication on the center console. It turned out the mod was based on older versions of some files, making the throttle inoperable. Adopting those files according to the newer versions solved that issue.

Also have you tried to delete your Huey inputs folder in the saved games DCS location and let it recreate?

These things are just some standard procedures that you might have tried already, just wanted to mention them anyhow.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Huey reinstall with completely renamed Saved Games??

EDIT; Sorry, of course you have.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

@Chic No actually I haven't done that. But I'm not in any hurry to do that either. Smart ass.

In fact that is one of the most stupid answers I've heard yet. Ya let's get rid of everything and start over. How about a COMPLETE Uninstall and Reinstall ... AGAIN ?

I have removed the Config Folder with everything in it as well as just the View and Input Folders to no avail which BTW ensures that I have to redo ALL aircraft settings again.

How many times do we have do this stuff before DCS stops frigging around with it ?

Never Mind ... I'll resolve it myself or won't fly the stupid thing. Luckily I have 200 other Modules to play with. I certainly don't need any more stupid replies from mouthy pups that's for sure.

UNSUBSCRIBED

ED .. You are welcome to Delete This Thread (since you aren't providing any input or support).

Edited by SnowTiger

I assure you my response was sincere. No sarcasm intended. Sorry for misunderstanding.

JUST CHOPPERS

@Chic

In that case, I sincerely apologize.

Unfortunately, I have met with many sarcastic replies in other threads that were not at all helpful. On the other hand, it is difficult to determine "tone" via text alone.

When I read your Edit I thought you were trying to be smart. Obviously, when I'm already frustrated that just sets me off.

But I am happy to report that I have just now resolved this specific issue.

Somewhere along the line, one (at least) of the updates completely corrupted ALL of my saved Huey Controller Profiles. At this point I'm not aware of other profiles being corrupted (at least not that badly).

While completely redoing all my settings (again), I noticed that in the Axis commands under my TrackIR Column, the very last input was the TiR Z Axis for Zoom which I had never noticed before. I have a common TiR Profile that I used for ALL aircraft and have not had this issue with other aircraft ... but I'll be looking for it because I do have an issue with Saving Snap Views in the Gazelle .. I'm constantly redoing those every time I get in the cockpit.

Anyway, this issue is finally resolved.

And again, my apologize to Chic. I appreciate that you were only trying to help.

My Man.

Glad you're sorted.

JUST CHOPPERS