AV-8B Harrier Thread - Page 320 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #3191
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickScot View Post
I don't want to harp on about this {too late} but under the pre-order it stated "you only need to have the "Stable" version DCS World 1.5 installed". I was expecting to fly on the stable version. There never was any mention of needing a beta version. Even when BIGNEWY told us "No point guessing, I have been testing both versions, wait for Wednesday" no mention of beta 1.5.8. This has been poorly communicated I feel and i might be wrong but RAZBAM would have known this prior to puring up the pre-order so why was this not communicated?
I think a couple pages back it was stated it was going to be 1.5.8. ED needs to update those notes on the purchase pages. Razbam mentioned they tested in 1.5.8 which I assumed was beta because no one had it until today. My PC is still on 1.5.7 which I'll have to update to beta today.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:54 PM   #3192
MaverickScot

So how do you update to beta then guys?
MaverickScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:56 PM   #3193
cthulhu68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickScot View Post
So how do you update to beta then guys?
From Zues

2 ways to do this:

1st. If disk space is not a problem, download the Open Beta installer and go from it. It will copy the files it needs from Open Alpha and Stable and will only download the Open Beta specific.

2nd. Open a command window and navigate to "DCS World\bin". Once you are there just type "DCS_updater update @openbeta". It will update stable to the Open Beta version

or you can download Skatezillas Updater program that can do this
cthulhu68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:04 PM   #3194
MaverickScot

Many thanks for this info.
MaverickScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:09 PM   #3195
T0x1s

Anyone know how to reset the maverick seeker so it is positioned in the front of the nose again? :/
T0x1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #3196
R1Lawsy

Great thanks, I just realised this is why I was whinging about low frame rates in the Mig 21. It's the same Airport used for free flight and intercept missions. It's a wonder no testers picked it up. Anyway, thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R1Lawsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:26 PM   #3197
Zeus67
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0x1s View Post
Anyone know how to reset the maverick seeker so it is positioned in the front of the nose again? :/
Press the "undesignate target" HOTAS button. That should clear the seeker.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."
Zeus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:03 PM   #3198
leecush
Beta Tester

Once I have a target locket in the tpod I can’t getting steering cues for weapons. It seems to take steering cues off something that the tv has locked miles ahead. Can anyone help me

Old 11-29-2017, 10:06 PM   #3199
Zeus67
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecush View Post
Once I have a target locket in the tpod I can’t getting steering cues for weapons. It seems to take steering cues off something that the tv has locked miles ahead. Can anyone help me

The TPOD is still WiP.

Having said that, in this version the aircraft does not take steering cues from the TPOD. It uses its own onboard sensors to do that: INS, ARBS or IRMAVs.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."
Zeus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #3200
leecush
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus67 View Post
The TPOD is still WiP.

Having said that, in this version the aircraft does not take steering cues from the TPOD. It uses its own onboard sensors to do that: INS, ARBS or IRMAVs.

Ok but when I have a target locked in the TPOD how does that target then get transferred to any of the other onboard sensors?