Track IR 5 Problem

So I've been having some issues with my track IR that are getting me quite worried. I posted something on the naturalpoint forums yesterday but it has yet to be reviewed by a moderator so it's not showing up in their forums - so I decided to ask around here and see if anyone else has had something like this happen.

Here's the issue: I start up track IR, everything seems normal at first. Then suddenly, the camera just stops tracking. And I don't mean it gets all spastic because of another light source or something, I mean it actually just stops tracking everything altogether. Both green lights go out and the red lights on the camera either disappear, or they become very faint and you can tell it's still trying to track but barely. Then after moving my head for around a minute it will eventually start tracking something again and catch the hat clip. Then it will be normal for a very short amount of time and the same thing happens again. I don't know how I'll fly if my track IR is broken! :cry:

Btw, I have had this track IR for around a year now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

These sound like the symptoms of a loose connection somewhere, damaged cable, or perhaps a faulty USB connection/port. Try switching USB ports to eliminate that as a possibility.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Ok, been on for a while with customer support from naturalpoint. Tried full reinstall, updating drivers, using different USB ports, and nothing. In fact my camera only seems to be degrading more. Unless someone is able to come up with a solution sent from heaven, I'm afraid I'm going to have to invest in a second camera.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]