Normandy map update this Wed?

I did think that we are expecting a Normandy and asset pack update in June.

I’m assuming that means this Wed.

Looking forward to that. Wonder if speedtrees are part of that?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

From the 6th of June changelog:

DCS Normandy 1944

More detailed objects and realistic airfield textures. The textures now reflect the more dusty, lighter, sandy surfaces

Removal of permanent structures from ALG airfields

Concrete surfaces for the airfields of Evreux, Carpiquet, and Tangmere

Shallow water zones along the coastal areas

New stone bridges

More structures like farm houses outside the detailed areas of the map

Added more objects like windmills

WWII Assets pack

New units added:

M12 gun motor carriage

M30 cargo carrier

M2A1/M3 halftrack

StuG IV

Sd.Kfz. 234/2 "Puma"

Sd.Kfz. 7 artillery tractor

Sd.Kfz. 251

Sd.Kfz. 2 Kettenkrad

Horch staff car

Barrage balloons

LCVP Higgins boats

UK soldier

Weirdly 2 days before it was announced as "coming improvements" on the 8th.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Should be noted that these changes came through to the Open Beta version and have not yet been ported to the Public Release.

Ah yes, you're right.

I think I read somewhere that the current build might be going into general release this Wednesday.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I hope that Spitfire will be finished in incoming patch, means CW model, external fuel tanks and bombs.

I do not expect any improvements in Normandy, but would be nice to be surprise with something new :)

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

i'm sorry but is expected winter terrain textur for normandy map?

No. There was an official answer to this question from Nineline that the focus is on Summer of 44. It was also in the early discussion of the map after ED took over.

Nineline did mention that it was a remote possibility in the distant futurer that this may be revisited and could get a fourth season. Of course this would also be a rich opportunity for one of our terrain modders to make a winter texture since the mission editor uses the spring texture from Jan to June and the fall from September onwards, should be able to slip a different texture in without upsetting too many.

Well, I did notice great reduction of microstuttering, especially on the ground, but that was partially because of generally smoother performance of 2.5.1 & 2.5.2 compared to 2.5.0 and partially because of massive reduction of grass density (plus removal of all these idiotic stones) on airfield aprons. That, coupled with less psychedelic colour palette made Normandy a somewhat playable product for me again.

For the same reasons average framerate also went a couple of fps up on the ground, but not really in the air. That being said, I'm afraid they won't get rid of stuttering completely unless they implement speedtree tech on this map too. It's still the most hardware intensive map of the whole bunch.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I already knew the new textures of the ALGs and new concrete runways, but I figured the textures would look a bit different again. Could be due to the year or time of day. And regarding the embellishments on some airfields .... I have probably never seen or visited. Sorry for that.