[REPORTED] Spitfire Prop Bug - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-22-2017, 02:03 AM   #11
Magic Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post
I've seen a texture bug related to damage (once) - see attached images.
In my case the bug occurred after I landed hits on this 109's wing. The missing texture popped back when I got closer.
+1 I've seen this bug as well
Old 07-22-2017, 02:28 AM   #12
NineLine
Community Manager

Sounds like it's time for me to put some rounds in some parked aircraft with the Abrams again
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:33 AM   #13
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post
I've seen a texture bug related to damage (once) - see attached images.
In my case the bug occurred after I landed hits on this 109's wing. The missing texture popped back when I got closer.
So tried to tear up some 109 wings and couldnt reproduce, I am using our internal RC so its possible its fixed, but either way, let me know if you see it again, I will continue to watch for it.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 07-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #14
Magic Zach

I guess the Spitfire damaged prop bug shall remain a Spitfire superpower!
Old 07-22-2017, 09:27 AM   #15
Bounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
So tried to tear up some 109 wings and couldnt reproduce, I am using our internal RC so its possible its fixed, but either way, let me know if you see it again, I will continue to watch for it.
Thanks Sith. I had a little trouble remembering last night but I had to do a complete fresh install of DCS a week or two post the flight I captured those images (which is why I don't seem to have any tracks going back 4 weeks). I've not seen it since and so the bug may have been due/linked to a larger problem on my install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
How do you know what you saw was actually related to the prop being shot off? You say you didn't experience any flight / engine problems and the only thing that suggests you had a problem was the view once you had landed. Is it not possible you may have seen a similar disappearing/see through texture bug on your prop like I saw on that 109's wing? Obviously until anyone sees anything like that again and uploads the track file it will remain a mystery.

Last edited by Bounder; 07-22-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:11 PM   #16
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
If you didnt notice I added [REPORTED] to the thread title, the Spitfie is Early Access, and there are a number of DM issues currently.. this to is one of them, and reported.
**How to Report a Bug**

Tags
bug, missing blades, propeller, spitfire