Old 08-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #61
Morpheus

Reputation power: 7
Morpheus will become famous soon enoughMorpheus will become famous soon enough

I was just thinking about lights taxi/landing
Old 08-12-2017, 06:31 PM   #62
Frederf

Reputation power: 37
Frederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Frederf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I think all planes are unrealistic in DCS
It's not a limitation of DCS though. Back in history when the lights were user-editable in lights.lua instead of baked into an uneditable file, I messed with some of the variables.

Lights have a lot of potential if their values are carefully crafted. The fact that every DCS light you see is the dull and bad looking default values is just because none of the individual developers have taken the time to get the most out of the system.

Maybe one will take the time and shame the rest into making their lights the best they can be.
Frederf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #63
Justin Case

Reputation power: 6
Justin Case will become famous soon enoughJustin Case will become famous soon enough

That would make night flying and finding lost wingmen so much more enjoyable!
Old 08-26-2017, 12:50 AM   #64
VBDJT_Viper

Reputation power: 5
VBDJT_Viper has a spectacular aura aboutVBDJT_Viper has a spectacular aura aboutVBDJT_Viper has a spectacular aura about

Not sure if anyone posted this anywhere, but having it where you see your friends canopy open in a multiplayer server not seeing both front and back seat open. When its only your aircraft you can only see your front canopy open but it's different when you see others. Maybe have it only if you set it as a two seater option only?
VBDJT_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #65
tflash

Reputation power: 41
tflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to all

I would add RSBN beacons to more airfields or just make it compatible with ILS / TACAN beacons. What we have now is the wrong kind of realism.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #66
cicimicikiller

Reputation power: 3
cicimicikiller will become famous soon enoughcicimicikiller will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflash View Post
I would add RSBN beacons to more airfields or just make it compatible with ILS / TACAN beacons. What we have now is the wrong kind of realism.
Give a shot to this mod I made, it basicaly adds RSBN beacon to every airfield in Caucasus

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2451943/

Similar mod (including PRMG iirc) can be found also for NTTR.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #67
Sydy

Reputation power: 4
Sydy has a spectacular aura aboutSydy has a spectacular aura aboutSydy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicimicikiller View Post
Give a shot to this mod I made, it basicaly adds RSBN beacon to every airfield in Caucasus

This mod is excellent!!! You did a great job, tks!
Sydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #68
tflash

Reputation power: 41
tflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicimicikiller View Post

Yes thanks, great stuff!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:53 PM   #69
Kev2go

Reputation power: 0
Kev2go is infamous around these partsKev2go is infamous around these partsKev2go is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflash View Post
you wont need mods for ils or tacan compatability

Garmin NS430 is almost a sure thing ( eventuality) for the L39C & ZA since there is already some code for it.

Then youl have GPS mapping and communications feature which will make compatible with current Western AM/FM radio frequencies as well. Far better than just having radio beacon based navigation.

Build:

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Gibabyte Z97x Motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790k ; 4.0 ghz ( Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo),Kingston Hyperx DDR3 16gb ram (1866 mhz) ,
(Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsing evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 09-14-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:03 AM   #70
DoomEngine

Reputation power: 2
DoomEngine has a spectacular aura aboutDoomEngine has a spectacular aura aboutDoomEngine has a spectacular aura aboutDoomEngine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
you wont need mods for ils or tacan compatability.
I really hope you're right, this would be great for us L-39 fans!