FC3 - modules clickable option - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #1
Pasquale1986

Reputation power: 1
Pasquale1986 will become famous soon enoughPasquale1986 will become famous soon enough
Default FC3 - modules clickable option

Hey everyone,

since the standalone FC3-modules like the Su-27 and F-15C got an animated cockpit, it would be nice, if there would be an option implemented, that the animated knobs etc. can be clicked with the mouse. I don't know, if that would be possible without rewriting the SSM-code and i am not asking for an ASM - i know that this has been discussed to oblivion - it would just be nice, if the animated "reaction" of the cockpit - e.g. flaps lever, main power, nav lights, cockpit lights, etc. - could be induced with the mouse, too

If i missed something and this has been covered before, just delete it.

Have a good start in the week guys, cheers.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
Jumbik

Reputation power: 4
Jumbik will become famous soon enoughJumbik will become famous soon enough

I think that this could lead to a lot of confusion. Majority of the buttons in cockpit of FC3 planes would have no function at all as the functions they represent are not simulated. It would not be clear as to what is and what is not clickable.
Jumbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
Elysian Angel

Reputation power: 2
Elysian Angel is a jewel in the roughElysian Angel is a jewel in the roughElysian Angel is a jewel in the roughElysian Angel is a jewel in the roughElysian Angel is a jewel in the roughElysian Angel is a jewel in the rough

Might as well go all the way then: I wouldn't mind a full-fidelity F-15C ;-)

System specs:
Spoiler:
i7 6700k @4.5Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 2400 | GTX 1080Ti OC | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 SSD | Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals | Oculus Rift CV1
Elysian Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
kdrum60

Reputation power: 0
kdrum60 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Angel View Post
+100000
[/SIGPIC]Alienware X51 R2:i7-4770 CPU@3.40GHz(3.84GHz): 16GB RAM: Seagate Firecuda 2TB: GeForce GTX 970 SC: Dell U3417W,3440 x 1440 (60Hz):Thrust Master WartHog: Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals:Windows 10 Home 64-bit: TrackIR 5: Volair Sim Cockpit.
kdrum60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 83
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

Likely not to happen, not all switches are marked, even if they are animated, it requires more than animations.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
Pasquale1986

Reputation power: 1
Pasquale1986 will become famous soon enoughPasquale1986 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
Likely not to happen, not all switches are marked, even if they are animated, it requires more than animations.
OK, didn't knew that - classic case of insufficient knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbik View Post
I think that this could lead to a lot of confusion. Majority of the buttons in cockpit of FC3 planes would have no function at all as the functions they represent are not simulated. It would not be clear as to what is and what is not clickable.
I am definitely aware of that, that's why i thought, it maybe possible as an option under cockpits for FC3 - should have made that clear Idea was, for the more seasoned guys that know what is clickable and what not and where to find it, it would be available via menu option to get a more immersive feeling. But since SkateZilla already stated that it requires additional work:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Angel View Post
The hope for full fidelity might be the last man standing in this discussion.

Reason behind the idea was mainly aimed to up the fun with the Su-27/33 and the Mig-29 a bit, where the fear exists, that we'll not see a full fidelity DCS-module in the next years.