V1 - Coming Soon - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
SUNTSAG

Reputation power: 4
SUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the rough
Default V1 - Coming Soon

Here is an example of would could be, a potential mission within DCS WWII. It's fun chasing and shooting down one of these things but wing tipping one is a no no lol.

SUNTSAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:36 AM   #2
Stonehouse

Reputation power: 12
Stonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the rough

Very good work indeed. Small passing thought, if you could document what you did and make that available (assuming that doesn't break any ED rules) to the community it would be very useful. Lack of knowledge is the real handicap. I hope one day the A4 guys might do the same if they can find the time to do so after the A4 is released.
Stonehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #3
56RAF_Talisman

Reputation power: 5
56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough

The Spitfires and other aircraft types that did this used 150 Octane fuel, because the V1 is so fast.
The V1 chase aircraft performed other tasks as well, besides chasing VI's. The squadrons were put on V1 chasing duties on a rotational basis and performed other tasks in the English Channel and on the continent when not on anti V1 duty.
But, as we don't have the historically correct grade 150 Octane fuel modelled in DCS, V1 chasing and the other more general flying operations performed by 150 Octane aircraft will have to wait I would have thought.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'
56RAF_Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 47
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

So SUNTSAG. Stop your development inmediatly.

This mod is not accurated historically because we dont have the correct fuel for the Spitfire.

Dont take in consideration any other thing, like pure fun to have this mode.

So stop now. Thanks.

PD: Irony inbound XD

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4

Last edited by Esac_mirmidon; 09-13-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Esac_mirmidon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #5
Mr_sukebe

Reputation power: 2
Mr_sukebe is on a distinguished road

Being pragmatic, could the V1 be made slower such that we can catch it?
Mr_sukebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:42 PM   #6
Maverick_
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 5
Maverick_ is on a distinguished road

This is awesome guys, will add a definite dimension to the immersion of a wwii mission, spits intercepting buzz bombs is definitely one of those battle of brittain war stories that I love to read about.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #7
bart

Reputation power: 9
bart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the rough

Brilliant mod SUNTSAG rep inbound. ( EDIT....can't add to your rep buddy, system wont let me!)

Look forward to trying this out.

I'm surprised the V1 wasn't on the DCS Assets Pack, I don't even think it's planned as an official add-on is it?
i7-3960 six core Extreme overclocked to 4.0Ghz, 16GB ram 1600MHz DDR3 Quad channel, 1x 256GB and 1x 512GB 850 Pro SATA 6GB/s Samsung SSD's, 4GB GTX 980, Windows 7. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift CV1.

.................................................. ........................................................................ ...........................
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #8
razo+r
Veteran

Reputation power: 14
razo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Brilliant mod SUNTSAG rep inbound. ( EDIT....can't add to your rep buddy, system wont let me!)

Look forward to trying this out.

I'm surprised the V1 wasn't on the DCS Assets Pack, I don't even think it's planned as an official add-on is it?
We don't know, i have asked them in the Q & A but they did not answer
Old 09-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #9
rogonaut

Reputation power: 3
rogonaut will become famous soon enoughrogonaut will become famous soon enough

looks very nice indeed! good joice of music :=)
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #10
crazyeddie

Reputation power: 23
crazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of lightcrazyeddie is a glorious beacon of light

Great idea, I plan to sit on top of the cliffs with my catapult and stay there until I bring one of the bastards down ....

Nice Mod boys, well done.
crazyeddie is online now   Reply With Quote