JESTER AI - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #21
MikeMikeJuliet

Reputation power: 6
MikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really nice

The Jester is discussed around other places as well... not every discussion translates to these forums.

Secondly, not every user follows facebook, so this might be missed information for many. I read the post when it was fresh out of the oven, but I really don't have anything to add to that right now.

It is all fine, but flooding the forums with "this is awesome" and/or concerned comments is the exact way information gets buried. Everyone is of course allowed to post, but I wouldn't feel bad if they don't.

EDIT: I think you gentlemen read a bit too harshy into what I noted above. As the third paragraph states in the beginning: "It is all fine". I did not mean that as a "do as I say". It was but a comment.
See what I did here punk? I answered your post without creating an additional post. Touché.

*EDIT: And RaceFuel85, I would not call a general comment as complaining. I made an observation. If I were to complain, the wording would be along the lines of "Too many people just flood the forums with unnecessary comments and bury information, and you want more of it. Stop!" There is a difference.

Regards,
MikeMikeJuliet

Last edited by MikeMikeJuliet; 09-13-2017 at 09:53 PM.
MikeMikeJuliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:26 PM   #22
punk

Reputation power: 3
punk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post
The Jester is discussed around other places as well... not every discussion translates to these forums.

Secondly, not every user follows facebook, so this might be missed information for many. I read the post when it was fresh out of the oven, but I really don't have anything to add to that right now.

It is all fine, but flooding the forums with "this is awesome" and/or concerned comments is the exact way information gets buried. Everyone is of course allowed to post, but I wouldn't feel bad if they don't.
While I understand where your sentiment comes from, I can not help but say how rude it is that you took time to post it and have the temerity to tell others how they should use an open forum on the interdweebs. Then again, it is an open forum... see what I did there? Ease up mate, it is all good. There are now two more useless posts burying the information and who knows how many more if you answer me back and I answer you and others chime in blah, blah, blah ...

<Salute>
Punk

punk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #23
RaceFuel85

Reputation power: 2
RaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post

You're burying information with this post complaining about non-contributing posts burying information.
RaceFuel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #24
Cobra847
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 43
Cobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to behold

No worries everyone. I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion once you actually use JESTER. To be quite frank and blunt; in the beginning, JESTER will probably be pretty dumb. We are laying the foundation for something that will play an integral part in many of our future modules.

We will be introducing new functions, algorithms and routines to make it better and more lifelike as we go along, that includes taking a lot of feedback from the community on things they want or feel could be better. A Large usage sample size is critical to this process.

Director | Lead Artist
Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
Cobra847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #25
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 26
Coxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to all

So jester will get levels of difficulty, Easy medium high etc in the future? Maybe already answered but im not following the replies

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:03 PM   #26
shonist

Reputation power: 1
shonist will become famous soon enoughshonist will become famous soon enoughshonist will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
I have to say I'm kinda suprised how few responses there are in this thread. I think the development of JESTER is almost revolutionary for DCS and yet almost no one seems to care.
well. in my case, i dont really care. seems something awesome but not anything im planning to use. I have 0 interest to fly with a computer crew. perhaps this jester AI got me after trying it. since then... no reason to be alarmed
shonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:08 PM   #27
funkyfranky

Reputation power: 19
funkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
I have to say I'm kinda suprised how few responses there are in this thread. I think the development of JESTER is almost revolutionary for DCS and yet almost no one seems to care.
Well, count me in on the people who think this is will be paradigm shifting
Old 09-13-2017, 07:14 PM   #28
WindyTX

WindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura about

Would be nice if you could pre program Jester with a default sort and shot range so I dont have to mess with him on the way in. Maybe have a couple of pre-program SOP runs so I can just hit a hot key for Left side or right and Fighter or Bomber target. Then in 2 button presses a lot of it is done and can concentrate on my wingman and the attack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GTX 1080 Has its uses
WindyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:22 PM   #29
Torso

Torso is a jewel in the roughTorso is a jewel in the roughTorso is a jewel in the roughTorso is a jewel in the roughTorso is a jewel in the roughTorso is a jewel in the rough

Very excited for this and it is next level certainly if all comes together as hoped. I think more discussion will be possible once more information is available. Currently we only have many questions it seems and only until more info is made available or a Q&A on the topic with HB all we can offer is reactions to the post. Looking forward to it for sure.

I will say this, PLEASE HB Team, PLEASE, include Pilot and RIO character models with the release. Do not leave us with empty seats as so many others have. It does make a difference for immersion. And this module I feel really warrants them to be included. As always, fingers crossed.
Torso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:39 PM   #30
grunf

Reputation power: 12
grunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfranky View Post
Well, count me in on the people who think this is will be paradigm shifting
Count me in too, Jester is among the features I'm most looking forward to. Hopefully one day Jester, or something similar, will be present in all multicrew planes, and AI wingmen.
grunf is online now   Reply With Quote