C-101 update

Vibora

Great news! Any chance of a video showing off the AFM? ;)

We'll wait a bit until we have it more polished. We could show aerodynamics, flight mechanics and engine behavior. But soon we'll be able to show interaction with aircraft systems, like engine start, etc.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Just curious how the engine behaviour is different than what we have now.
SFM vs. EFM so pretty likely more interaction between weather/humidity/temperature etc.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Engine model is very complex. What you'll mainly notice initially is the need to keep engine within ITT limits. Of course, engine parameters will vary widely with altitude, temperature, speed, etc. Performance will match real data. Spool up and spool down will be realistic, as well as any aspect of the engine behavior. Explaining all the characteristics of the engine model would require too many lines. It's a professional engine model that takes into account any technical detail of the real engine that affects the flight, to provide the pilot with a realistic simulation.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Engine model is very complex. What you'll mainly notice initially is the need to keep engine within ITT limits. Of course, engine parameters will vary widely with altitude, temperature, speed, etc. Performance will match real data. Spool up and spool down will be realistic, as well as any aspect of the engine behavior. Explaining all the characteristics of the engine model would require too many lines. It's a professional engine model that takes into account any technical detail of the real engine that affects the flight, to provide the pilot with a realistic simulation.

We (the community) love all of that stuff. We like physics and the technical details that make up a great module!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool, any chance you can post the performance charts?

Especially engine limitations are most interesting. ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks! Perfect...

Shagrat

Humidity is not modelled in DCS.
Source?! As far as I am aware it is... Not that every module makes use of it.

I was.of the opinion the icing on the Helicopters is a function of temperature/pressure and humidity when using dynamic weather? Not 100% sure that it's (still) implemented.

Shagrat

I don't have a source but it's something you can see for yourself in the sim. Take off in the A-10C with the Pitot heat off and climb. You will see that the pitot tube always freezes at a certain altitude (when the air drops below a certain temperature) no matter what the weather conditions are, be it high humidity in a thunderstorm near the sea or clear dry weather in the desert...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That only proves the A-10C pitot simulation does not take it into account.

If I remember correct the humidity is what produces the wingtip vortices since 1.5, and Wags said something about it in a video on the Hornet.

From my experience dynamic weather seems to affect rotor icing on helos as well.

This could be related only to temperature changes, but from my experience I would say it has a humidity factored in , as well. Had low clouds and icing warning in the georgian mountains where with clear skies and similar temperatures I had not.

Shagrat

From my experience dynamic weather seems to affect rotor icing on helos as well.

This could be related only to temperature changes, but from my experience I would say it has a humidity factored in , as well. Had low clouds and icing warning in the georgian mountains where with clear skies and similar temperatures I had not.

This goes against my experience flying the Ka-50 in DCS. We get engine and rotor icing when the air drops below 3°C if I recall correctly and regardless of the weather conditions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This goes against my experience flying the Ka-50 in DCS. We get engine and rotor icing when the air drops below 3°C if I recall correctly and regardless of the weather conditions.
Not flown the Ka-50 in ages, mostly Huey and some Mi-8... I could be wrong, with the rotor icing, but I am pretty sure about Wags talking about the wingtip vortices being affected by humidity and that the new overwing vapors will as well.

Again, this does not mean every dependent system is simulated in a way it reads all available values from the world simulation and make use of them... It would be interesting to see an overview of what is modeled in the world and subsequently influencing which system per module.

Then again, this may fall under NDA and contract stuff, maybe?!

Shagrat

Not sure if it was any extra effort on the part of Aviodev but the rain effects on the C-101 look really cool and really add to the immersion.

Thank you. Yes, as you know, we care about every detail. As we can see in this case, every effort has its rewards.

That effect was introduced by ED but the glass material in each module has to be ready to support it.

Edited by Vibora

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Looks promising...

Shagrat