AI repair / reload (weapons and fuel)

wavn

• 3 weeks later...

Oh ofcourse I've always thought of commanding the wingmen to do "RTBRRRAR" - as in "Return To Base, Repair, Refuel, Rearm and Rejoin"

But every time I have one of these ideas I, sometimes in the last minute, remind myself we can't have every (spoilment) thing in a simulator which tires to simulate the current reality, and it's a question of how much of actual control does a pilot have, usually commander is

If there is some kind of a big commander-type feature that people want and ED would do it, to control the troops to these kinds of details while your primary thing is just CAS in an A-10C, falls more outside of the core flight simulation and could be put into Combined Arms instead, not because of a paywall, but to make it feel more right imo.

If that's not somewhat of a case already, was some time last time I read the feature details of CA on the product page.

I don't want these features to be downright simplifications because it's a game, I would like them to be done in so there's some kind of a cost of risk to it. The wingman should still have some kind of mind of it's own eventually, if there some AA in the way or some situation develops, the wingman could pick another airport to do RTBRRRAR causing a delay and forcing you to change tactics, or it would try to destroy the enemies in the airfield zone which are threatening the airfield facilities and the parking spots first, only then rejoining.

But, I'm just cooking up ideas, maybe that's would turn out to be wrong thinking, maybe a direct command takes precedence in reality, don't do anything else unless your told, but it depends on what kind of role does the player pilot have too, is the player pilot a leader, or is he a field commander, or the president, that could be at least explained by ED so we know if there's a non-simulated virtual kind of commander working ontop of everything at which time, and at which times is the player the ultimate commander no matter what vehicle he's using.

Still this ultimate commander thing should then be considered a simiplification or a cheat and put into some section in the options screen and only part of CA, that would take care of it, I'm just afraid that newcomers could abuse some of the too-spoiled simplifications and never bother learning the real thing, and that should be a direct problem for ED if a ton of community suddenly okay with basics there would be no demand for the real-deal stuff they're working on.

So everytime some kind of a feature is introduced, should go through rigorous brainstorming whether it dumbs down the game too much and the consequences it may have 5-10 years down the line.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria