A stuttering ~Mess

KoN

Openbeta wow what a mess .

Its a stuttering mess online .

I have 32GB of ram and load in and 11GB is being used before even taking off .

Clearly this is not good .

Single play i have no issues but i don`t come here to single player with out a good campaign .

Yes its Openbeat but its the only place to go for online decent servers .

The net code is duff . This has been going on for years ...!!!! YEARS .

Getting tired of the conspiracy that DCS isnt surposed to be fixed dangle carrots to the community .

Tonight nothing but frustration poor fps and stuttering .

Not going to invest in a NASA computer just to run decent frames in multiplayer .

DCS sort it out .

RANT

Don`t normally post here but some thing needs to be said .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• ED Team

Hi

please post your dcs settings, a screenshot will do we maybe able to suggest some tweaks.

if you are using mods I would suggest removing them and running a cleanup and repair.

please also include your dcs log so we can look for clues.

If you are overclocking sometimes a bad overclock can create more problems

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Openbeta wow what a mess .

Its a stuttering mess online .

I have 32GB of ram and load in and 11GB is being used before even taking off .

Clearly this is not good .

Single play i have no issues but i don`t come here to single player with out a good campaign .

Yes its Openbeat but its the only place to go for online decent servers .

The net code is duff . This has been going on for years ...!!!! YEARS .

Getting tired of the conspiracy that DCS isnt surposed to be fixed dangle carrots to the community .

Tonight nothing but frustration poor fps and stuttering .

Not going to invest in a NASA computer just to run decent frames in multiplayer .

DCS sort it out .

RANT

Don`t normally post here but some thing needs to be said .

Is it the same if you run a locally hosted dedicated server? I have to admit I don't play on any of the major servers but I do have a local DS that a friend and I play on (Openbeta) and not had any issues performance wise. As mentioned, are you running any mods or just a vanilla install?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I play a round Online MP, runs 35-50 fps. Get shot down, grab a new plane, sttttuuutttteeerrrrrrr.

Sign out and close dcs, cuss up a storm, log back in for 1 more round.

Better than last patch where I flat gave up for a month, but needs some work to say the least.

Don’t have time or patience to lay it all out and send a file.

Keep after it! Thanks!!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

i don't come here much but i can see old posts going back years and still we are talking about the same old frustrations and fails in this sim / game that we had years back .

32GB ram needed for online play that is definitely wrong .

To me it just seems nothing is getting fixed but more and more content is being pushed out the door . That's what i see here .

Thank you for your offer to help me i shall look again into settings . Going to install my old GtX-1070 see how that goes . And reset all to default .

But i have a good system and DCS should work . My other sims run very good .

How long has 2.5 been out .

Edited by Con

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

32 hell, I have 64. It just eats it in bigger bites.

1 or 2 flights then reset. Rinse repeat. At least the 1 game plays well...

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I play a round Online MP, runs 35-50 fps. Get shot down, grab a new plane, sttttuuutttteeerrrrrrr.

Sign out and close dcs, cuss up a storm, log back in for 1 more round.

Better than last patch where I flat gave up for a month, but needs some work to say the least.

Don’t have time or patience to lay it all out and send a file.

Keep after it! Thanks!!

This is what im talking about just look at your system you have . And you get problems also , so its not hardware related its 2.5 DCS .

So the conspiracy is true . :cry:

Something not right here ..!!

Edited by Con

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Guys, if you want to rant, you're in the wrong place. In here, we try to help people.

I don't OC, I use mods, I use high-end PC DCS parameters, I have a less powerful PC that yours (AMD 2600X - 1080Ti - 32 GB RAM) and I have zero stutters with current OB, both in solo and multiplayer. Never had, actually. As powerful as your rig may be, something may be wrong with it, be it OC, Windows/NVIDIA settings, network, or who knows what else.

@Con: BIGNEWY asked for your DCS parameters and dcs.log file (among other things). If you're willing to get help, please give him what he needs.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Despite the bad description of the problem, it is a fact that especially in MP something like a memory leak appears and causes a huge drop in fps. It may be triggered by choosing a new plane or different type of plane or by another player entering the server and choosing a plane that wasn't choosed before in the session. But that is only me guessing, DCS is still not handling memory very well (video memory and RAM). The thing is, sometimes the problem goes away after a few minutes, but it sucks however. The only thing that seems to mitigate this, is to lower the visibility range (lowering memory usage). But that's all guessing...

What i don't get is why the "extreme" option exists, because there is no hardware that can tackle it (unless you set everything else to extremely low and ugly).

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Despite the bad description of the problem, it is a fact that especially in MP something like a memory leak appears and causes a huge drop in fps. It may be triggered by choosing a new plane or different type of plane or by another player entering the server and choosing a plane that wasn't choosed before in the session. But that is only me guessing, DCS is still not handling memory very well (video memory and RAM). The thing is, sometimes the problem goes away after a few minutes, but it sucks however. The only thing that seems to mitigate this, is to lower the visibility range (lowering memory usage). But that's all guessing...

What i don't get is why the "extreme" option exists, because there is no hardware that can tackle it (unless you set everything else to extremely low and ugly).

Prior to the move to VR I ran all settings maxed, for the most part. Of course, I don't typically play on overloaded and/or poorly designed MP servers, either. My experience, just like with Arma, too many people try to make it an MMO, with too many players, and too many bs units that exist as nothing other than ''background'', and too many and/or poorly written scripts... all on a rented dual-core 8gb server, half the time...

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• ED Team

Please if you are going to post please be constructive and please read the forum rules.

If you post your settings we may be able to assist you.

I am getting great performance at the moment, yes I have a powerful machine, and yes I have tweaked my settings especially for VR. If you want to find the balance between eye candy and performance you will have to.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Please if you are going to post please be constructive and please read the forum rules.

If you post your settings we may be able to assist you.

I am getting great performance at the moment, yes I have a powerful machine, and yes I have tweaked my settings especially for VR. If you want to find the balance between eye candy and performance you will have to.

thanks

As the previous deleted post mentioned, yes I have a big computer, yes I spend hours tweaking and yes it looks awesome and runs great ONCE. Then performance degrades until I have to reset.

If I’m the only person saying this please tell me instead of deleting my posts and I will go away. But if by chance you have heard that before, at least acknowledge that you hear me.

Thanks