oxygen supply

Chiron

can someone confirm how much time Oxygen supply stand cuz i feel its short cuz last night i flied and after 30 min of flying i was unable to fly high or my pilot start to blur vision i deleted the trk file but i can create another one but i am sure about what i saw duration of flight ( 30 min )

I did a quick test with the ME:

- caucasus

- default weather

- air start at +41k feet

- time acceleration on

Result:

- oxy gauge needle touched the yellow area after ~75min

- oxy gauge needle touched the red area after ~95min

- oxy gauge needle touched zero at ~120min

- blackout of pilot at ~140-143min ( i believe Deka said there is a second reserve bottle in the plane)

all tested in latest OB non steam version

oxy_test.trk

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

- caucasus

- default weather

- air start at +41k feet

- time acceleration on

Result:

- blackout of pilot at ~140-143min ( i believe Deka said there is a second reserve bottle in the plane)

hmmmmm interesting i was also flying in caucasus i will try to do another test .. i am not saying u are wrong its just yesterday i forced to land twice every 30 min to rearm and refuel and refill oxg

hmmmmm interesting i was also flying in caucasus i will try to do another test .. i am not saying u are wrong its just yesterday i forced to land twice every 30 min to rearm and refuel and refill oxg

track is attached, you can see it yourself(i don't know if the track also plays back my time acceleration).

That leaves just some options:

- battle damage?

- used the chute but forget to put the switch back from cut to neutral?

- forgot the valve/tube?

- problem with MP/server/mission/bug?

It's hard to tell without a track :dunno:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

track is attached, you can see it yourself(i don't know if the track also plays back my time acceleration).

That leaves just some options:

- battle damage?

- used the chute but forget to put the switch back from cut to neutral?

- forgot the valve/tube?

- problem with MP/server/mission/bug?

It's hard to tell without a track :dunno:

i think i can say MP/Server/mission/bug but not other cuz that is not what happen :)

- caucasus

- default weather

- air start at +41k feet

- time acceleration on

Result:

good test

what's the status of oxy valve? 100% turned on?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I thought block II JF-17 has an oxygen system that auto replenish itself.

Yea ours is more like a Block I with AAR modification, PAF officials a few years ago had said they plan to retro fit for Block 1 with AAR probe https://web.archive.org/web/20140726080602/http://thediplomat.com/2013/12/pakistan-begins-producing-block-ii-jf-17-aircraft/

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

good test

what's the status of oxy valve? 100% turned on?

Yes.

Unknown, you have done the work of a saint

No, it was a quick test with time acceleration in game. I was curious because in my AG test mission i fly the JF-17 for 30-60min(realtime) with rearming and i couldn't remember seeing that problem(but that's SP, i don't know if there is a difference with MP) :dunno:

Yes.

No, it was a quick test with time acceleration in game. I was curious because in my AG test mission i fly the JF-17 for 30-60min(realtime) with rearming and i couldn't remember seeing that problem(but that's SP, i don't know if there is a difference with MP) :dunno:

Regardless it’s appreciated on something that has so many unknown qualities.

Thank you French for the oxygen!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

I had the same issue, had to turn on AP during emergency descent (couldn't toggle the 100% switch on VR). I am now convinced it wasnt lack of Oxy, as the gauge was green. I suspect hypothermia! Try lowering or heating up the cabin, especially on a cold OAT. Sadly the visual effects are the same so my initial conclusion was hypoxic hypoxia.

I had the same issue, had to turn on AP during emergency descent (couldn't toggle the 100% switch on VR). I am now convinced it wasnt lack of Oxy, as the gauge was green. I suspect hypothermia! Try lowering or heating up the cabin, especially on a cold OAT. Sadly the visual effects are the same so my initial conclusion was hypoxic hypoxia.

Atleast in the future the canopy will have icing and fogging effects that might make it easier to tell

Atleast in the future the canopy will have icing and fogging effects that might make it easier to tell

That would be an amazing feature to have. Is this something ED is working on or Deka?

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Do we know if they plan to adjust the lighting of the MFD’s at night time? The screen itself gets dull but the weighting and graphics stay really bright making it very difficult to use NVG in the cockpit

You have already put them in night mode and adjusted SYM and BRT brightness?

Yeah I always select night mode no matter day or night, I find it easier to read. I should note I am using VR tho. But I notice when I change it to night mode and make the screens duller again by pressing the brt on the screens only the back lighting changes. But the graphics and writing is still so bright I get total washout while using NVG

Yeah I always select night mode no matter day or night, I find it easier to read. I should note I am using VR tho. But I notice when I change it to night mode and make the screens duller again by pressing the brt on the screens only the back lighting changes. But the graphics and writing is still so bright I get total washout while using NVG

Graphics and symbology brightness can be turned down with the SYM rocker on top left of MFD. you can basically make them disappear

BRT to me seems to be for a back light

Wot? It isn't a bug mate, don't let your pilot have hypoxia and hypothermia and should be ok

There is a bug. Can you explain why with bottle on, hose connected my oxy blinker stops but the oxy qty is unchanged (always at -~2200)? Or why on some missions (bear campaign m10) I get hypoxia after 15-20 min while in other I can fly for 45 using the same startup procedure? I don’t think Im forgetting anything, there isn’t much to remember (hose, bottle, canopy pressure, temperature/ecs) and on the some missions this happens and not in others, plus I always double check everything with the checklist.

With hypothermia its even worse, if I change temp 5°C my pilot passes out? Ridiculous. I hope there will be a n option to turn these poorly implemented features off, I am sick of having to abort missions over this.

There is a bug. Can you explain why with bottle on, hose connected my oxy blinker stops but the oxy qty is unchanged (always at -~2200)? Or why on some missions (bear campaign m10) I get hypoxia after 15-20 min while in other I can fly for 45 using the same startup procedure? I don’t think Im forgetting anything, there isn’t much to remember (hose, bottle, canopy pressure, temperature/ecs) and on the some missions this happens and not in others, plus I always double check everything with the checklist.

With hypothermia its even worse, if I change temp 5°C my pilot passes out? Ridiculous. I hope there will be a n option to turn these poorly implemented features off, I am sick of having to abort missions over this.

I'm sorry, but I never had any issue with Random Hypoxia. Check the procedures please