Mig-29 engine

Weird thing I am seeing, but perhaps this is normal. I haven't been able to find any threads or see reference to it in the manual.

Sometimes I see a "lag" on the left engine on the Mig-29. This usually manifests as the afterburner on the left engine doesn't come on, or it sort of sputters. Sometimes, the engine loses power during takeoff and i'll yaw to the left immediately after lift off.

Restarting the engine helps for a little but it often happens again soon after. It's a regular occurrence that made me think it's just a quirk of this vehicle - shoddy engine reliability - but then when I bring it up on MP chat no one else seems to know what I'm talking about.

Am I doing something wrong?

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

main menu, check and make sure that "random failures" is not checked

afterburners are kind of funky also, there is an airspeed and RPM limitations

Edited by Andy1966

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's an SFM, the afterburner lightoff limits aren't implemented.

It seems to me like you're having an axis conflict. Make sure that only one axis is assigned to each engine.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Later this year.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It's an SFM, the afterburner lightoff limits aren't implemented.

It seems to me like you're having an axis conflict. Make sure that only one axis is assigned to each engine.

I will check this. I don't think I have any axis assigned to individual engines but perhaps there is something funky in the mappings. i did import a profile for my hotas.

was there anything mentioned when the mig will recieve a PFM or so?

Another 2 weeks :)

Which means, another 6-12 months...

...and when you translate that into real-life time, it works out to about 3-7 years.

So, yes, ED have announced a MiG-29 PFM a long time ago, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Honestly, I'd prefer that over the Normandy map, or Su-33 PFM--or even the Spitfire. But, good luck waiting. We'll all probably be a lot older when it's polished up and released (and it was probably actually done quite a while ago).

Personally I've given up on it, although it might pop up in a few years. I'd prefer the new Caucasus map and DCSW 2.5 first, but as we all know, this stuff is a huge amount of work and takes ages. IIRC, ED first announced Version 2.5 and the new Caucasus map back in April 2016, and it's now May 2017!!

If anything, my hat's off to the ED folks for sticking with DCSW all this time instead of abandoning it. I wouldn't work that hard for that long to be an astronaut, never mind a PC flight sim developer :)

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Hey by the way my problem was that I had both general throttle and individual engines mapped. Left engine and master throttle used the same axis. I don't mess around with individual engine throttle - too noob/lazy - so I removed those individual mappings and now I'm all set. Thanks for the suggestion.