Changing radio presets in the ME

Thank you very much.

It works with the KA-50 R-828 and with the UH-1H UHF Radio also.

But I can´t make it work with the A-10C UHF or VHF presets. I can change the frequencies in the editor but in the sim it reads the default frequencies.

Can anyone please take a look at the A-10C UHF and VHF lua files? They are quite similar to the Huey files but something changes.

I´ve attached a file with a JSGME ready for the UH, the Hip and the Hokum.

• Like 1

@Tarres,

I like what you did with the UH-1; I didn't even think about updating the presets on the UHF.

I'm curious, though: is there any reason you added the channels=presets line (line 28 ) and remmed out the existing presets? I was able to get it to work just fine without the channels=presets line, and since the channel presets are declared before the "if get_aircraft_mission_data ~= nil then" routine, they can be easily replaced by the array from the ME. I would think that you would need those presets for playing missions that weren't created using this mod.

Not a criticism. Just curious regarding whether I missed something.

Hi Homes.

When I was doing the UH-1H presets, I made a mistake (a coma) and started again and deleted these lines.

Yes, these lines are necesary for the reason you say.

If you could remake these file with the mssing lines and upload again, please do it. I´m a bit busy with the real Life.

About the A-10C presets I suspect that they don´t work because you can load frequencies inflight, and the LUA maybe it´s a bit different.

Sorry for my english.

Regards.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Version 1.11 (compatibility fix for 1.2.15) Uploaded.

Any luck getting the ARK-22 added to the ME yet?

Yes, see attachment. The ZIP file contains the changes for the R-828 and ARK-22 for the Ka-50.

I hestiated to release it to the public for several reasons:

a) I don't like this idea to be split into several, independend mods

b) I have not the time and/or endurance to maintain a "unified" mod for all aircraft

c) even if one single maintainer would take care of all these modifications, there are still compatibility issues

d) compatibility issues: if the mod is a mod and not a standard that all involved parties adhere to (ED and all affected 3rd party devs), then missions developed with the mod in place will be incompatible (i.e. will have issues) with players that have the mod not installed. Frequencies set in the ME will not be usable by users that don't have the mod installed.

But feel free to make use of what I did and use in any way you see beneficial for the community.

Note: I only briefly tested it with 1.2.15, but it seems to work ok.

Radio Presets.zip

Edited by Flagrum
  • Like 1

Thanks, Flagrum.

I can keep it unified with my stuff; the changes usually aren't that brutal. I'll incorporate it and add it to the user files instead of here; hopefully ED notices it and incorporates it (worked for one of my other mods ;) ).

I also posted an integration request on the thread pertaining to the Ka-50/Mi-8 JTAC mod; this just seems like a logical marriage of mods.

Thanks, Flagrum.

I can keep it unified with my stuff; the changes usually aren't that brutal. I'll incorporate it and add it to the user files instead of here; hopefully ED notices it and incorporates it (worked for one of my other mods ;) ).

I also posted an integration request on the thread pertaining to the Ka-50/Mi-8 JTAC mod; this just seems like a logical marriage of mods.

Good luck and please post news of success:)

• Like 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The mod was accepted to the DCS User files, and now has its own thread in the DCS Mods subforum.

Thanks, everybody, for the contributions. I gave credit where it was due, but if I missed anyone or anything please let me know so I can make it right.