Do I need 32GB of Memory now?

What i still do not understand; i see a pretty big disparity between what dcs puts in physical memory, i.e. what is shown as the 'working set' in windows' resource monitor or sysinternals process explorer, and how much physical memory is freed up when closing dcs.

For instance; just now my 16gb memory was filled to 14.9gb, dcs's working set was counted at 8.35gb in both above mentioned tools. And after quitting dcs, physical memory usage went down to 3gb. So apparently dcs used another 3.55gb physical memory that i cannot account for in any metric that i know of being displayed in these memory inspection tools. Again, as i understand it, the working set of a process shows everything aggregated related to this process that is currently in physcial memory.

Am i wrong, does a processe's working set indeed not include its entire memory volume allocated to physical memory?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I add in that whilst I was running both the the client and a dedicated server on my PC the other day with a fairly complex mission, then background tasks like Discord, Simshaker and Oculus that my RAM total usage peaked at 38GB.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Offline no, Online yes though it depends on the server and the amount of people/high res textures your system has to deal with. You can get away with 16gb most of the time but if you want a smooth experience at all times, 32 is required