LHA.jpg

Version 4.2 as of 07/27/2018

LHA MOD plain decks All Ships

001-2018-jul-18-003.jpg

001-2018-jul-18-004.jpg

001-2018-jul-18-005.jpg

001-2018-jul-21-004.jpg

001-2018-jul-18-012.jpg

OK These ships work for players and AI. AI will takeoff in Hover mode as long as the weapons load out and fuel load out is at least 50%. ED should have a fix soon for the AI aircraft hopefully soon. I tested this with the Tarawa and should work fine...Just AI planes need fixing

Ver 4.1

1. Cleared the deck of the LHA's, so you can add your own scenery. (If that will work) not sure.

2. Moved aircraft spawn spots back on deck.

3 AI Harriers will park on the front part of the deck...

Ver 4.2

Speed fix to bring the ships up to 21 knots....

Note All ships have clear decks and I even had the Tarawa in the same mission with no Problems...All ships have their own named files now...

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f7ylss3ozfcaqfp/LHA_Mod_Ver_4.2/file

Install here:

C:\Users\Joe's PC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech

MAKE SURE TO REMOVE ANY OTHER OLDER VERSION 1st and You have all ships installed even if you don't use them at the same time...!

Edited by uscstaylor

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work. Looking forward to this. Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

OK Guys enjoy!

Please NO posting any bugs here just send me a PM. Please include a screen shot and brief description of any issue. I've tested these about hundred or so times in my system and they look awesome so again have fun and enjoy!

Edited by uscstaylor

Awesome work! Looking forward to using them! Thank you for your efforts!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

First class job mate.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

thanks USC! Nice!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Another thing.

Even non official mods only in users folder cant be modified at all.

For example taking the LHA mod that adds the Saipan, Essex, etc to the ships available. If you change ANY line in the .lua the ship doesnt show anymore in the editor. So its impossible to make any change at all.

Another example with an official .lua.

The Tarawa in the original .lua is ONLY for USA. If you try to add another country lke SPN for Spain in the .lua, again the editor is not showing the Tarawa anymore.

Any object (ship, plane, vehicle) can be assigned to any country by adding one line in the lua:

GT.Countries = {"USA","SPN","ITA",};

add_surface_unit(GT)

All of the above applies to mods located in the user profile (saved games).

su-24.gif

Guys

Here's a a small update for the Landing of the AI aircraft.

Please download and replace these LAU files in the main ships folders, only 1 file for each ship. You can just drag them in or copy and paste.

When it asks to overwrite just say yes....Bonus there's a second version of Bella WoodV2 if you re-download the ship from the first post. For you Helo pilots...lol

Fixes the AI planes landing back on the LHA's

Thanks

Edited by uscstaylor
Old File

Morkva, try yourself. Any change, addition or edit on ED original .lua file makes the Tarawa disappear from the editor.

Sorry uscstaylor for offtopic answer.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Is there a way to tone that light intensity down a bit or is that a function of ED's lighting protocal? It does seem a little bit on the garish side when seen from a distance. I will say though, that it is much better than the black hole we are dealing with at the moment! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sirius,

I would hope that Razbam would welcome these as a nice edition to the Tawara and work at making them coexist. As it stands you can use the Tawara with AI and our mod but not with live pilots for some odd reason your plane wheels below the deck Tawara.

These Hovercraft go hand in glove with these ships.

We have received permission from upuaut to include them with this mod.

The original thread is here,

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124251

They were not included originally because usctaylor thought they did not work anymore.

I beg to differ!

Thank you to upuaut for the permission to include them!

I have separated them from his other mods so only the hovercraft are included here.

Now let the shore assault begin!

Screens from 2.5 current.

USS%20LCAC.jpg?dl=1

USS%20LCAC2.jpg?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iykd6qhgt3s1a36/USS%20LCAC.zip?dl=0

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hawkeye,

They do work, but seem to stop about 2-3 NM from shore. Sure would like them to "hit the beach".

Cheers,

These Hovercraft go hand in glove with these ships.

We have received permission from upuaut to include them with this mod.

The original thread is here,

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124251

They were not included originally because usctaylor thought they did not work anymore.

I beg to differ!

Thank you to upuaut for the permission to include them!

I have separated them from his other mods so only the hovercraft are included here.

Now let the shore assault begin!

Screens from 2.5 current.

USS%20LCAC.jpg?dl=1

USS%20LCAC2.jpg?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iykd6qhgt3s1a36/USS%20LCAC.zip?dl=0

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They do work, but seem to stop about 2-3 NM from shore. Sure would like them to "hit the beach"

More that likely "normal" DCS behavior.

Come to think of it, the Swift could almost touch the beach if placed correctly in the ME.

I would need to investigate further.

If it something in the lua code, we can correct it.

I will let you know.

On another topic, the night lighting brightness is set within Max and exported with the edm.

To change it now may be more work than it is worth.

It is something we will keep in mind for the future.

Hawkeye

Edit,

It does appear this is a DCS limitation. Silver Dragon mentions this feature and it's status according to his available information, in his models thread.

However...........

If you look into the unarmed section of the ME, you may find this!

USS%20LCAC3.jpg?dl=1

USS%20LCAC5.jpg?dl=1

Have fun!

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."