The original and still the best

Cowboy10uk

After a few years away, yes I’m sorry I was seduced by the soft lines and speed of the F18, F16 and even the harrier, but with the new update I came back to see how this ol girl could stand up to the new crowd.

What can I say, for A2G, there truly isn’t a finer aircraft in DCS. Sure she’s slow, and maybe she’s not the prettiest lass out on the ramp, but she can stay up for ages, feels like a lifetime compared to the others, can carry a stack load of goodies, again significantly more than anyone else out there, her sensors are just sublime to use, easy, fast and everything to links perfectly together. Makes delivering the payload smooth and crisp, certainly compared to the Harrier the sensor controls are night and day.

What else is there to say, the original is still the best at ground pounding.

I instantly felt back at home, compared to feeling rushed and vulnerable in the other jets, I actually felt sorry for the poor tankers on the ground. Just taking my time, picking them off one by one, jdams, LGBs, Mavericks. It didn’t matter what I used, everything just worked. And if or should I say when, they did manage to score a hit on me, instead of throwing her teddies out of the pram, and everything breaking like other faster aircraft I could fly, she just shrugged it off, and said is that all you got.

Damn. Forgotten how much I love this aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

:thumbup:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Well spoken and I totally agree! I started flying the Hawg back in 2010 as it was my first DCS module and I enjoy it ever since. It still sits at the top of my favorite DCS modules besides the Viggen and the Tomcat. No other aircraft can cause as much havoc on the ground than the almighty Hawg, thanks to it's incredible HOTAS system. Switching weapons, managing targets, pointing sensors on them and much more can all be done in a split second without leaving touch of the stick and throttle. Flying the Hawg on the battlefield makes you feel like the god of war himself, pointing down with his finger on the enemy and make him die at your wish. It's just a great feeling to be a (virtual) Hawg driver! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What else is there to say, the original is still the best at ground pounding.

YES, it truly is.

Besides other features I especially love to perform ILS approaches in IFR conditions, foggy day (CAT III) and snowy night.

There is no other DCS plane where ILS functionality is as perfectly implemented as in the Hog.

Recently my only concern is, that ED wanted to make the best even better and made the cockpit night vision worse.

Completely agree! There truly isn’t a finer aircraft in DCS.

Though, I must also agree with the fact that with the new cockpit ED indeed made the best even MUCH better BUT made the cockpit night vision MUCH worse.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Just wait when the F/A-18C receives its JHMS in complete set.

At that point you become less effective with A-10C when the Hornet pilot will just look at the enemy and mark them.

The typical problem in DCS is that people are dragging overload of weapons and engage enemies that are not having even semi-realistic air defenses.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

At that point you become less effective with A-10C when the Hornet pilot will just look at the enemy and mark them.

The typical problem in DCS is that people are dragging overload of weapons and engage enemies that are not having even semi-realistic air defenses.

Wait until the "new" A10C comes out and also has the JHMCS - ball back in A10C court. Game, set, match. End of story.

Even without it, the A10C is more lethal in A/G employment compared to the F/A-18C. Time on station, range of weapon outfit, systems integration, ability to conduct night and day operations (thinking of the IR pointer on the Litening Pod), illumination rockets - probably a bunch more other available options at the moment as well.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Don't think that's a "problem" with an A10. You shouldn't be flying an A10 anywhere near any peer or near-peer modern IADs. Realistic IS flying where there aren't advanced air defense systems in the A10.

I do agree that many pilots in DCS are very bad in terms of overloading the A10C with ordinance. Very frequently you will see 4 or 6 mavericks, with 6+ GBU-12s, etc, etc, etc. Sadly, some MP are hard to find a group of pilots who will go up in a proper formation of Wathogs, but when you find that situation, oh how lovely it is.

Don't think that's a "problem" with an A10. You shouldn't be flying an A10 anywhere near any peer or near-peer modern IADs. Realistic IS flying where there aren't advanced air defense systems in the A10.

+1

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I do agree that many pilots in DCS are very bad in terms of overloading the A10C with ordinance. Very frequently you will see 4 or 6 mavericks, with 6+ GBU-12s, etc, etc, etc.

That's fine if you load only 50% fuel. You won't be overloaded in that case :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's fine if you load only 50% fuel. You won't be overloaded in that case :D

Sure you can offset fuel, but when the inner most maverick comes off the rails, say goodbye to the landing gear tire(s). Just saying, much better to load out a more realistic configuration. Also makes the A10C feel much more capable when fitted with a proper configuration. But to each their own, so to speak.

Cheers,

Don

I have to agree, this aircraft is still the best module out there by far. Everything just simply works! I have most modules available and this is still my go to for an aircraft that just does anything (apart from carrier ops).

Here's to version 2.0 being just as complete, please ED don't break the A10C :)

Also, as much as I like the F/A-18, if a missile or some AA rounds hit a fastie, game over, you are either dead or totally disabled.

Meanwhile, I just do some manual reversion, or adjust engines after putting out giant fires (sometimes even re-light an engine), and limp home in the A-10C, hell sometimes even get in a good gun run all busted up . . . fasties just fall apart.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Sure you can offset fuel, but when the inner most maverick comes off the rails, say goodbye to the landing gear tire(s). Just saying, much better to load out a more realistic configuration. Also makes the A10C feel much more capable when fitted with a proper configuration. But to each their own, so to speak.

Cheers,

Don

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1958983&postcount=11 ;)

It's possible and would be done in wartime if deemed necessary. The risk of damaging the tires is only a (small) risk and no certainty.

Tornado3 small.jpg

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1958983&postcount=11 ;)

It's possible and would be done in wartime if deemed necessary. The risk of damaging the tires is only a (small) risk and no certainty.

Yeah, this is the part I pay attention to:

“ But like Eddie said, internally in the 476th we don't authorize more then 4 at a time. Myself, I can't remember the last time I carried more than 2 mavs. I only use Mavs for air defenses anyways. I'd much rather drop MK-82s on a target than launch and forget from 5 plus miles away.”

Cheers,

Don

I too love the Hawg. But the trouble is any swinger out there with an AAM owns you.

It can definitely be challenging, but possible to survive and even get A/A kills with the A10C. That being said, most beneficial when you have appropriate CAP to make sure you are covered. I’ve ticked the splash box on almost every type of aircraft in DCS while flying the 10, but have also certainly been shot down by nearly all types as well. Best with CAP for sure.

Cheers,

Don

Wait until the "new" A10C comes out and also has the JHMCS - ball back in A10C court. Game, set, match. End of story.

I might not be following all the Dev threads lately due to work, but I don't remember them ever saying the A10C was getting the JHMCS. Isn't that from a much more modern suite?

I might not be following all the Dev threads lately due to work, but I don't remember them ever saying the A10C was getting the JHMCS. Isn't that from a much more modern suite?

While it hasn’t been “officially” announced, at least that I know of, no doubt it will be inbound with the “new” A10C *2* release (or whatever they are going to call it). Precision kill weapons/systems, and upgraded suite, really pretty much has to be included.

Cheers,

Don

While it hasn’t been “officially” announced, at least that I know of, no doubt it will be inbound with the “new” A10C *2* release (or whatever they are going to call it). Precision kill weapons/systems, and upgraded suite, really pretty much has to be included.

Cheers,

Don

I don't mean to dash your hopes but I seriously doubt we will be getting anything close to a suite 7 upgrade. I don't see JHMCS being released in the DCS A10C upgrade. But who knows possibly they actually did close a deal with the USAF and actually will introduce a newer suite.

I don't mean to dash your hopes but I seriously doubt we will be getting anything close to a suite 7 upgrade. I don't see JHMCS being released in the DCS A10C upgrade. But who knows possibly they actually did close a deal with the USAF and actually will introduce a newer suite.

My hopes are dashed all the time, so no worries there. I build bridges quickly to get over things. That being said, what could the “new” upgrade really include other than systems upgrades, weapon fitments, sensors..?

Cheers,

Don