Would you pay for a monthly DCS subscription?

GunSlingerAUS

I hope Electronic Arts isn't watching. They love that sort of thing

Is that the same EA that is the biggest publisher in the world? That EA? They must sell so many games because their titles are crap.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

You're literally the only person I've ever seen defend EA, arguably one of the most reprehensible and greedy companies in gaming, best known for buying up popular franchises and utterly running them into the ground as well as repackaging the same game copy/paste style while still charging $60+ (in some cases caught ACTUALLY copy pasting their games).

Yes, they completely suck and exist solely because the average gamer is a moron.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Is that the same EA that is the biggest publisher in the world? That EA? They must sell so many games because their titles are crap.

And the same EA that won the consumerist 'worst company of the year' two years straight. :megalol: The same EA that's literally Destroyed some the greatest video game series and publishers ever.

EA is like a video game factory..sure they sell lots of games and they pump them out fast, but they're quality is absolute garbage, They've had to resort to straight up gambling tactics to get people to keep playing and spending money. They are IMHO the biggest problem with the gaming industry right now, They have so much cash they no longer need to care what the average player thinks of them. The Exact situation subscription Schemes create. :)

That's like saying McDonald's has the best burgers because they sell the most.

ED on the other hand is like a local craftsman, they take forever, they're very expensive, and they don't have the best customer service, but the end result is unbelievable quality. It's clear, regardless of how you feel about their practices, that their products are created with passion and experience, something a big developer like EA will NEVER have anymore, because they don't care too, it doesn't make them as much money.

Personally I'll take the long and expensive route for the better product any day of the week. That being said, current trends in the video game industry, don't really apply too the last realistic study simulation developer around. Many of it's employees are quite literally the only ones with experience in the modern flight simulator genre because they were doing it back in the days of Janes and Microprose. EDs customer base is loyal and they're not going anywhere. If for no other reason then the fact that there's nowhere else to go. No one besides ED is delivering products like this. Not their current competitors and certainly not the giants like EA.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

You're literally the only person I've ever seen defend EA, arguably one of the most reprehensible and greedy companies in gaming, best known for buying up popular franchises and utterly running them into the ground as well as repackaging the same game copy/paste style while still charging $60+ (in some cases caught ACTUALLY copy pasting their games).

Yes, they completely suck and exist solely because the average gamer is a moron.

There's defending, bitching, and pontificating on forums - that costs you nothing but your time - and shelling out money for products. And in that case, I always say follow the money. EA seems pretty successful judging by their stock recovery.

This reminds me of the DRM that DCS used (Starlock, or something like that). How many people complained about it, but yet still paid for DCS products? ED got rid of it in lieu of licensing, but it's not like they went bankrupt because no one purchased the product with that DRM.

My guess would be that there would be a net positive for ED if they pulled the trigger. But I agree that arcade level products are needed to pull the occasional players. And I'll say it again. It's mostly here today a al pre-purchase plans.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

And the same EA that won the consumerist 'worst company of the year' two years straight. :megalol: The same EA that's literally Destroyed some the greatest video game series and publishers ever.

EA is like a video game factory..sure they sell lots of games and they pump them out fast, but they're quality is absolute garbage, They've had to resort to straight up gambling tactics to get people to keep playing and spending money. They are IMHO the biggest problem with the gaming industry right now, They have so much cash they no longer need to care what the average player thinks of them. The Exact situation subscription Schemes create. :)

That's like saying McDonald's has the best burgers because they sell the most.

ED on the other hand is like a local craftsman, they take forever, they're very expensive, and they don't have the best customer service, but the end result is unbelievable quality. It's clear, regardless of how you feel about their practices, that their products are created with passion and experience, something a big developer like EA will NEVER have anymore, because they don't care too, it doesn't make them as much money.

Personally I'll take the long and expensive route for the better product any day of the week. That being said, current trends in the video game industry, don't really apply too the last realistic study simulation developer around. Many of it's employees are quite literally the only ones with experience in the modern flight simulator genre because they were doing it back in the days of Janes and Microprose. EDs customer base is loyal and they're not going anywhere. If for no other reason then the fact that there's nowhere else to go. No one besides ED is delivering products like this. Not their current competitors and certainly not the giants like EA.

Says the guy who only has one ED title in his entire post. If that's your only DCS title, you're part of the reason I believe ED ain't doing so well.

As for the EA consumerist award, we all know how much gamers like to whine. Sure EA have had some crap games. They have also had some of the greatest ever made. The Battlefield, Mass Effect (oh God, more whining when some gamers hated the end of ME3, hence the consumerist one year), Dead Space, Dragon Age, series etc, etc. It's so easy to join with the wingers with some fake outrage, but if you actually enjoy gaming you'll have loved many EA games.

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Yet you seem oblivious to any signs of problems at ED when modules like the F-16, decades old bugs, a super expensive carrier, the only free map since launch is 99% water, etc, are staring you right in the face. In lieu of actual sales figures, we have to look for other signs to gauge the health of ED, and I can't help but notice some worrying ones. I hope I'm wrong.

Regardless of ED's health, I also want a more rapid pace of improvement than the relatively glacial pace we see with DCS. It's obvious the existing early access/free to play has not performed well in that regard. Don't take my word for it, just look at the game.

Yet you seem oblivious to any signs of problems at ED when modules like the F-16
Sorry to chime in, but some people keep pointing out how bad F-16 release was as an excuse for the regular ED bashing, and well, the way it was only has one thing to blame and that's "you" :smilewink: .

For you all with short memories, I recall F-16 had to be launched in a super early access to cope with the babbling with regard to a supposed module cancellation due to an ex-member of ED being jailed. To stop that ED just decided to "launch" the Viper in the earliest remembered EA to date, so the well known ̶l̶i̶e̶s̶ mumbling stopped immediately. But the only reason they had to do so was

people

you

:smilewink:.

With regards to the OP, eeerrrhhhhhmmmmmmmmm nope.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team

Hi all

We have no plans to change the current pay model.

I think this thread is done now so I will be closing

Thank you for your support.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2