Cockpit in VR!!

Mule

Makes a lot of sense. If it where me it was changed already a long time ago.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

seems to still be the wrong scale?

Hi,

Try to set IPD (in DCS Options menu vr NOT in your headset settings) to 56 or 57, default is 65 and i recall first time i flew in A-10C it was out ou scale, so, i find that IPD in DCS Options change the world scale. I thought it was same IPD from my headset options but they are different things.

Enjoy,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I thought it was same IPD from my headset options but they are different things.

See what I mean? :)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I really liked the new A10C cockpit, in VR it is amazing! Good job ED!

But there is a big problem with the HUD, it is not well adjusted in size and vertical position unlike other cockpit modules.

If ED fixed that issue, A10C would be PERFECT.

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

I really don’t understand all the comments about vertical position of the HUD. Just adjust the seat position to suit!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

? DCS IPD Scales the world, it has nothing the do with your own IPD so it doesn't change clarity, it only scales the cockpit. If you haven't seen the impact on the cockpit (smaller/larger), the changes you made to the DCS IPD setting are maybe to small. Just delete the DCS IPD setting entirely, you will feel like a dwarf. Do it from within the cockpit, not from the main settings screen, you then see the impact right away.

No, I’m good sir. I understand that it is more of a “world scale” change, rather than a true IPD adjustment. My real IPD is 67, which I have the Rift CV1 set at. Within DCS, the option is check and I have it at 52. Things are perfect for me, in terms of clarity and scale. Think it was somebody else you might have been trying to assist.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Esay to understand, imacken, You should see well the HUD without be a tall man, lowering the seat.

And the wide sized is a little big at normal distance of the seat, or we need to move the seat forward? :P

Greetings!

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

Esay to understand, imacken, You should see well the HUD without be a tall man, lowering the seat.

And the wide sized is a little big at normal distance of the seat, or we need to move the seat forward? :P

Greetings!

That’s what seat height adjustment is for! And is moving the view forward or back that big a deal? Not really.

Different modules have different initial positions. Adjusting to your preference is standard practice.

That’s what seat height adjustment is for! And is moving the view forward or back that big a deal? Not really.

Different modules have different initial positions. Adjusting to your preference is standard practice.

In real life, you can adjust your sit for up or down possition, thats normal because everybody has different high...

A-10C puts your "virtual" pilot in an initial fix position that it should be correct for use your cockpit with all distances ok. So you should see the HUD correctly, in vertical and wide size.

When I start in VR in my cockpit, I see I am in correct position and distances from all panels, stick, HUD...

Why should I to change my config views manualy for search a correct possition? Then I would be too forward sitted, for example, and that possition would be extrange.

That problem is in this module only. Curiosly.

DCS Wishlist:

The HUD works perfect now for me on VR. The pilot must adjust the height of the seat first: after the recent update the seat position is higher than before.

Antonio.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

The A-10C become back my favorite aircraft after so many years ! Thanks ED! Nice Christmas gift !

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C